1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default International addresses in contacts?

Just upgraded to Evo Shift from BB Curve. I am having a problem with inputting international addresses in my contacts. For instance, a Canada "zip code" has letters as well as numbers and the Evo won't allow anything except numbers in this field. Anyone have a solution or work around for this issue? Thanks!
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

I list my international contacts with say 7741RD, which is a postal code in Holland...How are you trying to add them?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

None imported correctly from my BB so I am attempting to "edit" the current contact. For instance, "T3K 1A7" in "zip code" field. But cannot enter any letters in this field. Even for US addresses I can't input 12345-6789 because of the dash. Apparently numbers only. So frustrating!
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tleslie View Post
    None imported correctly from my BB so I am attempting to "edit" the current contact. For instance, "T3K 1A7" in "zip code" field. But cannot enter any letters in this field. Even for US addresses I can't input 12345-6789 because of the dash. Apparently numbers only. So frustrating!
    I take it you're using the "People" widget, or are you using something else? I never tried to import mine from a BB...I just exported them from Outlook, but I can add number or letters...which is why I asked if you were using the "People" widget.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes, it is under "People" in my Gmail contacts. Just tried to create a new contact without success so apparently it isn't related to the BB contact import.
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

People, add contact, Add more information, postal address...I just added another one. Dunno' what's going on with yours, but if you figure it out, post back what it was.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

So you can add letters in the zip code field on yours? I'll post if I ever figure it out. Thanks.
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tleslie View Post
    So you can add letters in the zip code field on yours? I'll post if I ever figure it out. Thanks.
    Yes; letters are the first thing that pop up and I have to switch to numbers.

Default Re: International addresses in contacts?

I have the Incredible 2, and I am having the same problem. I am not able to enter letters in the zipcode field when I'm editing my contacts in the People's widget. Only the numbers screen pop up and there's no option to switch to the letters screen. Any updated answers? Thank you!