International addresses in contacts?

tleslie

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Just upgraded to Evo Shift from BB Curve. I am having a problem with inputting international addresses in my contacts. For instance, a Canada "zip code" has letters as well as numbers and the Evo won't allow anything except numbers in this field. Anyone have a solution or work around for this issue? Thanks!

tleslie

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
None imported correctly from my BB so I am attempting to "edit" the current contact. For instance, "T3K 1A7" in "zip code" field. But cannot enter any letters in this field. Even for US addresses I can't input 12345-6789 because of the dash. Apparently numbers only. So frustrating!

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
None imported correctly from my BB so I am attempting to "edit" the current contact. For instance, "T3K 1A7" in "zip code" field. But cannot enter any letters in this field. Even for US addresses I can't input 12345-6789 because of the dash. Apparently numbers only. So frustrating!

I take it you're using the "People" widget, or are you using something else? I never tried to import mine from a BB...I just exported them from Outlook, but I can add number or letters...which is why I asked if you were using the "People" widget.

tleslie

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it is under "People" in my Gmail contacts. Just tried to create a new contact without success so apparently it isn't related to the BB contact import.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
People, add contact, Add more information, postal address...I just added another one. Dunno' what's going on with yours, but if you figure it out, post back what it was.

Slamsand

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I have the Incredible 2, and I am having the same problem. I am not able to enter letters in the zipcode field when I'm editing my contacts in the People's widget. Only the numbers screen pop up and there's no option to switch to the letters screen. Any updated answers? Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy