to root or not to root

jonathanlc2005

May 4, 2010
Visit site
that is the question....

i just got my sister who is turning 21 this may a htc evo shift 4g. i got her it because she wanted a keyboard and i wanted her to get android. she wants a good fast experience but i need something for her to learn easily because she never had android. i personally rooted my evo to cyanogenmod7 and love it, but dont know if i should do it for her or leave sense on it

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I think it's probably personal preference (lot's of P's). I would say let her play with yours, then with Sense on the Shift to see which one she likes better. This is just my opinion but unless she has some knowledge of rooting I would suggest not rooting. Let her read up on it and decide for herself, then later down the road if she decides to root, your there to help. The Shift is a great device rooted or not.

Chrscott22

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Crump, personally I'd leave it alone. For the novice or lite user I don't really see a need for it. It's already got a ton of fun and custom options without root so she should be fine with that. Now if she comes to you one day and says:

"Jonathan, I need to unleash the full potential of this beast. I need root, will you show me the way big brother"

That's when you smile ear to ear and with a tear of joy dropping from your eye ( :'( )you tell her:

"I've been waiting for this day to come!! Yes, yes i will give you root"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy