Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Reinstalling FacebookforHTC APK help!?!?

I have successfully rooted my phone and whilst deleting uneeded stock apps i accidentally uninstalled the Facebook for HTC app. Not the one off the market ... the stock one. I found the .apk but it wont install and i was wondering how i would go about reinstalling it.

Any help would be much appreciated.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

so anyone got some input? ive searched it countless times on google and other websites but none of them seem to work or arent detailed enough.

Global Posts
    1,388 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyclonic / CM9 + WebOS

I'm not real sure how your going about reinstalling but I found this

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all...stem-apps.html

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

thanks for the reply but i have seen this one and

when i press the RW key in root manager it doesnt do anything and is still read only

Global Posts
    1,388 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyclonic / CM9 + WebOS

Just a question, did you happen to make a nandroid backup before you started deleting apps? You could also flash the stock ROM which would include the Facebook apk. I'm sure there's a much better way to restore one system app, but just a suggestion. Also, isn't the HTC Facebook basically the same thing as Facebook for Android on the market?

ROM
    Stock 2.2

Default lost htc fb app

Quote Originally Posted by Malvagio87 View Post
    I have successfully rooted my phone and whilst deleting uneeded stock apps i accidentally uninstalled the Facebook for HTC app. Not the one off the market ... the stock one. I found the .apk but it wont install and i was wondering how i would go about reinstalling it.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    I can't help you with re-installing the app but I can tell you that the facebook app is basicaly the same as the htc app. So if you install facebook app then you won't miss much. I run the stock rom and I have htc's fb app turned off completely. The only things I noticed are my contacts don't sync with facebook pictures. I don't use htc friend stream so I don't miss that.

Be careful updating to the newest release of Facebook. I don't know if its because i'm running CM7 but the new update keeps force closing everytime I got to view a profile it force closes.

Global Posts
    1,388 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyclonic / CM9 + WebOS

Quote Originally Posted by Chrscott22 View Post
    Be careful updating to the newest release of Facebook. I don't know if its because i'm running CM7 but the new update keeps force closing everytime I got to view a profile it force closes.
    Same here.. I've seen this mentioned several different places. I uninstalled the latest FB update and haven't had any force closes since.

Is there an actual way to "rollback" the latest update?? Or did you have to uninstall and reinstall an old apk. Luckily I made a titaniumbackup and was able to restore from that.

Global Posts
    1,388 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyclonic / CM9 + WebOS

Yeah, If you just go into manage applications and select Facebook there's an option to uninstall updates.

ROM
    Stock 2.2

Default updating facebook app

Quote Originally Posted by Chrscott22 View Post
    I use stock 2.2. The facebook app seems to work well on the stock 2.2. I have not noticed any force closes or any other issues. I have been looking into rooting but I'm not sure yet. I have a mac with 10.6 and it seems like the rooting directions for the htc evo shift is for windows. I also want to make sure I can take my phone back to stock if necessary. After all, I do like having an warranty on my phone.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

Go to 4shared.com - free file sharing and storage search for applanet then after downloading open it and search "sense" and all the htc apps should pop up and judt download it hope I helped

Default Maybe i can help

OKay got this from my stock htc evo shift 4g.
    Just in case anyone wants to know, i used frostwire to save it by using my other evo 4g.
    You should be able to use the regular facebook app with this, at least i think because this is tiny compared to facebook.apk
    Attached Files Attached Files