recurring notification sounds and vibrate

Jay Mog

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I had the similar trouble for couple of months and I tried every possible settings, reset and I lost my contacts and even I went to AT&T but no avail. Finally today I googled and came to this forum and found the solution of turning off the notification reminder under accessibility option and it finally relieved from torturing vibration and ring in every notification. It was so annoying and I even thought of changing the phone but thank God it finally over. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you....:-*

Caitlin Mc

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I am a newbie to this forum and not very tech savy, but I have been searching this forum for the last week to get answers to my questions before I had to bother anyone...no such luck, so here goes:

The recurring notification sound, is there a way to set this phone so it only sounds once? I come home and lay my phone on the kitchen counter. I may come back to it a few hours later and my wife will say "your phone has been going crazy!". Most of the time it is a single message that just keeps sounding (every minute or so I guess) until I acknowledge. I like it to be audible, but just once (my old Treo was capable of this, so I figured this phone must, right?)

Also, I am either an all audible, or all vibration person. I have unchecked every single vibration box I have found on this phone, yet it still vibrates in addition to sound when it rings. I only use vibrate when I am in a meeting, so I just turn the volume all the way down when I don't want sound. What am I missing? How do I get the vibrating to stop!? Thank you for your time.

- hey, not sure if you found a solution however, I was experiencing the exact same issue as you. I own an HTC DEsore 510, whenever I don't respond to a text message it will keep making the notifcatio. Sound. I was fooling around with the device (was getting extremely irratated)
Try going to setting> accessibility> scroll down until you see "Notification Reminder" and uncheck it. It has seemed to work for me since.hope this helps .

Agarwalp2008

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I am a newbie to this forum and not very tech savy, but I have been searching this forum for the last week to get answers to my questions before I had to bother anyone...no such luck, so here goes:

The recurring notification sound, is there a way to set this phone so it only sounds once? I come home and lay my phone on the kitchen counter. I may come back to it a few hours later and my wife will say "your phone has been going crazy!". Most of the time it is a single message that just keeps sounding (every minute or so I guess) until I acknowledge. I like it to be audible, but just once (my old Treo was capable of this, so I figured this phone must, right?)

Also, I am either an all audible, or all vibration person. I have unchecked every single vibration box I have found on this phone, yet it still vibrates in addition to sound when it rings. I only use vibrate when I am in a meeting, so I just turn the volume all the way down when I don't want sound. What am I missing? How do I get the vibrating to stop!? Thank you for your time.
Don't worry as you're not the only one.... I m also facing the same issue from last 4 days with my new HTC DESIRE 826. Tried each and every option n not even using any third party app but still this sound n vibration annoys. I turned phone on silent but it still vibrates badlt. Not finding a way out. I think have to finally reset my phone.

Agarwalp2008

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site

Finally got the solution... Just go to settings n click on accessibilities and turn of notification reminder. It worked for me.

Demarcus478

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
I have a ZTE Speed and my notifications keeps going off after I've already looked at da text it keeps ringing & vibrating I've turned off my notifications reminder but it still doing.....Will someone please help me

valjf12

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem with my note 4. If I do not view my notifications my phone will continue to alert until I do. This is a huge hassle especially at night when my phone is going off all night.

zubin vaid

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Thanks a million. My htc one suddenly started giving these gong sounds with vibration after 18 months of use. I almost thought I might need to get a new phone when after trying to change all possible settings the recurrent notificationn problem persisted. Never thought of going to accessibility. Came to this forum and bingo... the problem is solved. Thanks for the solution.

sweetb2006

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes! Accessibility/Persistent Notifications...

Re: Why not under google mail = The persistent reminders are for system apps such as text messaging. At least that's the only persistent reminder I've ever received.

sachith_w777

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Go to Settings and tap on Accessibility.. Scroll down and you will come across "Notification reminder" option. Customize or disable that according to your requirement.

EdoubleM02

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Settings> Personal> Accessibility> Notification Reminder> Now switch it to off. My phone kept doing the same thing every minute and it was driving me CRAZY but I finally figured it out. I hope this helps.

Sclafani Lamour

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
You are heaven sent! Than you! My sister was going nuts for three months now. The T-Mobile store had no idea what to do. They told her to keep her phone on do not disturbe. *sigh* idiots.

MS P

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Awesome find, unchecking the persistent notification option under general, accessibility did the trick on my LG G4 Sprint phone!! Thank a bunch!!

Christy723

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same problem with recurring notifications and sounds, instead of just once like it is stuck on repeat, even in airplane mode... funny thing is it only started about a month ago nvm my smartphone going off for 14 hours straight throug like an alarm clock unless I dismiss notification or put it on silent and them don't get anything...??? I've contacted tech support multiple times, I've contacted my service provider multiple time,as well as contacted the company and maker nvm warranty or support...??? Y did this only start a month ago, and y cannot it be corrected?