05-14-2011 07:05 PM
- Yes as the title says this is my 3rd htc evo shift in 5wks.
I first got the phone march 19th and I love it, its a great phone. I started having a problem where I would exit and app and I would get the white and screen htc boot up screen, then it would say loading for 20 or 30 seconds. I took it back to the store and since I was still in my 30 days they replaced it no problems asked.
Ok so that's the second phone. I downloaded my apps, I do not root, I do not download apps not from the market. Don't really remember how many days it took, but it happened again. I called sprint and they had me do a factory reset and for about a week or longer it was fine, then it happened again. Calle sprint and they gave me a code to take the phone into the store and get a diagnostic test on it, they should they couldn't fix it so they called in for yet another replacement.
3rd phone- I got this phone yesterday, april 26th, around 7pm, went home, downloaded my apps and it did it around 9. I also want to add in my sd card had randomly said damaged sd card and it had to be formatted. So I called this morning and they had me take the sd card out, had it out for like 4hrs and it did it again, so I put it back in and did a factory reset, now I have NO APPS and it did it again when I left youtube, the one that came on the phone.
I was just on the phone with sprint 5 mins ago and they keep trying to give me replacement phones. I am sick of getting replacements, I just want this problem to stop. I have tried EVERYTHING. Please help! Has anybody else had this problem? Did it stop? I hope someone replies because I am at a lost right now, I love the phone and everything about it except for this problem. Please reply & thanks for your reply in advance.04-27-2011 09:55 PM
- I have NO APPS on the phone, & I never run task killer, I know it isn't good for the phone. Before I did the factory reset, it would do it 3 out of the 5 times I clicked the home button. It was a lot of apps running in the background, but I never force close then because I know I'm not supposed to & I know it will mess up the phone. it would also do this when I was in an app, internet & etc for along time, over 15mins or so.04-27-2011 10:40 PM
- I have NO APPS on the phone, & I never run task killer, I know it isn't good for the phone. Before I did the factory reset, it would do it 3 out of the 5 times I clicked the home button. It was a lot of apps running in the background, but I never force close then because I know I'm not supposed to & I know it will mess up the phone. it would also do this when I was in an app, internet & etc for along time, over 15mins or so.05-04-2011 06:11 PM
- Because most of the time task killer apps really only end up doing two things.
Killing apps/processes that shouldn't be killed which can mess up your phone
Killing apps/processes that can't be forced closed or simply shouldn't so the phone keeps rebooting them.
In both situations you just cause your phone to work too hard and it eats a lot of battery.05-04-2011 07:05 PM
- I am still on my first phone but noticed that the loading part happens once in awhile, especially when I have been downloading apps or surfing or checking news. I believe that HTC Sense has to reload when memory is running low so I got the 1Tap Cache cleaner to clear up cache and browser history. Once I do this, the problem has gone away. It would occasionally come back but I would clear the cache and it would go away.
The other thing is not to run the animation on the background. That takes a lot of memory also.05-14-2011 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD