Gingerbread ota is now available!

edback

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
did you install it? if so, how is it?

i'm not sure if i wanna give up cm7 for it. and it'll most likely break root.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
did you install it? if so, how is it?

i'm not sure if i wanna give up cm7 for it. and it'll most likely break root.

I haven't installed it, don't really want to break root. I'll wait on the devs for a comparable ROM.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

gene26

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi. New-ish user. I've rooted my shift, no custom roms (couldn't adjust to cm7 from Sense.) I downloaded the update, but couldn't install it. After my phone rebooted, I just got a triangle with a yellow exclamation point in it, with a tiny android next to it. Is this because I've rooted?

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi. New-ish user. I've rooted my shift, no custom roms (couldn't adjust to cm7 from Sense.) I downloaded the update, but couldn't install it. After my phone rebooted, I just got a triangle with a yellow exclamation point in it, with a tiny android next to it. Is this because I've rooted?

Being rooted shouldn't matter. Try installing the update again. You could also try updating while using the stock ROM.
This will break root btw

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

Xebec01

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
My co-worker just installed it. After reboot, her phone started to re-send old text messages to other recipients, her home page shortcuts to updated apps returned error messages (ex. Gallery), and sending a new text message to a person brings up an old text message instead of a clean page. She was also complaining of other issues with her contacts app...

Very strange....

- X

davimich75

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
My co-worker just installed it. After reboot, her phone started to re-send old text messages to other recipients, her home page shortcuts to updated apps returned error messages (ex. Gallery), and sending a new text message to a person brings up an old text message instead of a clean page. She was also complaining of other issues with her contacts app...

Very strange....

- X

Oh no. I'm in the process of downloading it over 3g network. It has been over an hour and a half now. I'm on 70 percent.

chronic25

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Oh no. I'm in the process of downloading it over 3g network. It has been over an hour and a half now. I'm on 70 percent.
It took a good 20 minutes on my work WiFi. I wouldn't recommend downloading an update over 3G for any phone. No issues installing on my non-rooted phone, BTW.

chronic25

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Twitter needs updating

Twitter has completely stopped connecting or working. Twitter for HTC Sense connects and works, just not the official Twitter app.

I read somewhere else that Twitter needs updating after GB is installed. Check with both the Android and Amazon marketplace apps for updated apps after your install.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Switching on the 4G network makes any downloads super-fast. Unfortunately, I forgot this and was downloading GB in 3G. It was taking forever. I remembered to turn on 4G about 15% into it and it was way over 10 times faster. So, if anyone hasn't downloaded the update yet, make sure you remember to turn 4G on BEFORE you start.:p

michaelp68

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
So far, quite a few UI changes.

My 4G wouldn't start up. Not sure if that's related.

Went to restart device and discovered that one of the changes is that holding down the power button now gives a simple 'restart' option that wasn't there before.

Busy at work so only having a few minutes here and there to check the changes.

Upon restart, 4G working fine.

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Very strange....

- X
I had the same problem with the Gallery Shortcut. I just trashed it and put a new one up.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci