Now that i have Gingerbread my Shift keeps locking up.

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
So, it's been two days since the big update. Since yesterday though my Shift keeps locking up. The only way i can resolve this is by pulling the battery. Then it will start right up and usually lock up again. I thought it was Pandora (which has been useless since the update) so i uninstalled and still i'm in the same boat.

Is anyone else having this problem?

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Now, i can't even get it to sync to my pc. Looks like another Factory Reset is in my future. This is definitely my last Android.

LoL POS! After restarting I managed to hit Menu and highlight the settings button before it locked up.

nmead33

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like my Shift when I first got it, Absolutely HATED it when stock, lock ups, random reboots, etc.

Switched to TMartins Leaked ShiftyGingerSense ROM.

Love my phone now. Tried CM stable and nightly builds, but have issues (phone won't ring when 'sync data' is checked), so I'm sticking with this ROM for now.

Afraid to unroot and let OTA come down as it sounds like they didn't 'fix' anything.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
So, it's been two days since the big update. Since yesterday though my Shift keeps locking up. The only way i can resolve this is by pulling the battery. Then it will start right up and usually lock up again. I thought it was Pandora (which has been useless since the update) so i uninstalled and still i'm in the same boat.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Sounds like you have had nothing but problems with your Shift. My suggestion is, if you have insurance, go to Sprint...Get a new phone! I've seen you post several strange issues you've had with your phone, if nothing else it's still under factory warranty.

Reactions: TonyLibations

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you have had nothing but problems with your Shift. My suggestion is, if you have insurance, go to Sprint...Get a new phone! I've seen you post several strange issues you've had with your phone, if nothing else it's still under factory warranty.

Yeah, and I appreciate you guys on this forum always being so patient and helpful with me and my dumb smartphone. It's just soo fricken aggravating. Now, i've got to be at work in about an hour and tomorrow's Fathers' Day so hopefully I can make it to Sprint by Monday.

All it does now after i pull the battery is boot up and then turn off or lock up completely.

Nunook

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Im getting the same htc restart since i updated to x99's gb

and it locked up on my after playing agry birds for alittle bit

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, i took my dumb smartphone to Sprint. They seemed about as confused as me. They did mention there being an update being released tomorrow to fix the update. But, I think that's just Sprint pushing the same GB update to phones that we manually installed on Thursday.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Turns out that Sprint couldn't repair my phone and I'll be getting a new one on Tuesday. Gingerbricked?"

Would you report back when you get your new shift and let me know if it comes pre loaded with Gingerbread. All the lights on my phone quit working and they can't fix it. I would hate to file a claim for another one and it come pre loaded with 2.3 and have to wait on a exploit to be found before I can root.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Would you report back when you get your new shift and let me know if it comes pre loaded with Gingerbread. All the lights on my phone quit working and they can't fix it. I would hate to file a claim for another one and it come pre loaded with 2.3 and have to wait on a exploit to be found before I can root.

You'll be the first to know. I've been curious about that myself. I'm thinking that it'll probably arrive to the store running 2.2 and their goons will update it to 2.3 while they're setting it up (or whatever cellular goons do these days)

Reactions: crump84

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Would you report back when you get your new shift and let me know if it comes pre loaded with Gingerbread.

Just got home with my replacement Evo Shift. And what os did it come with? (drum roll) Froyo

What am i doing right this minute? downloading GB again. I know, i'm such a glutton for punishment.

Reactions: crump84

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Just got home with my replacement Evo Shift. And what os did it come with? (drum roll) Froyo

What am i doing right this minute? downloading GB again. I know, i'm such a glutton for punishment.

Kinda figured it would since GB was only officially released yesterday. I may have to go ahead and file a claim today... Hopefully I don't get stuck with Gingerbread :-\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol