shift won't update to GB

PayDay99

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have an EVO as well as a Shift. Every time there has been a new update for the Evo, I have forced the download and it works.

I tried to force the GB download for the Shift today and it keeps saying the software is up to date. What gives?

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Update coming Monday

There is an update notification coming Monday. Make sure you have the "Scheduled check" box checked in the Menu>Settings>System Updates>HTC software update>Scheduled check. I would try that. If it doesn't update, contact Sprint Customer Service.

In another forum, a member (Brewz), said he removed his battery for about 5 minutes. When he replaced it and his phone booted, he was able to update without any problem. Try it.

Last edited:

Jimlakes

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I was able to get the update this morning (6/21), tested some of the issues that others have had, but all is good so far (ring tones Exchange etc.). Only issue (if you want to call it that) was imputing my id and pw for gmail. to sync the first time.:)

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have an EVO as well as a Shift. Every time there has been a new update for the Evo, I have forced the download and it works.

I tried to force the GB download for the Shift today and it keeps saying the software is up to date. What gives?

Are you signed into your Google account? If so, and still can't update. Call Sprint Customer Service.

Before contacting anyone, see my later post above.

Last edited: