internal memory, I'm down to 100 Mb...is that bad?

kristi

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I feel as tho my phone keeps getting slower and memory smaller.....what should I keep for internal? For example...don't go below 50Mb's of internal. I know I lost alotta megs with the GB update
Any info here will be appreciated.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I feel as tho my phone keeps getting slower and memory smaller.....what should I keep for internal? For example...don't go below 50Mb's of internal. I know I lost alotta megs with the GB update
Any info here will be appreciated.

First, you shouldn't have lost internal when you installed GB. In fact, I ended up gaining a few megs.With Android, there are just sooooooo many apps available that we tend to load a bunch of stuff we don't need or us. If you, like me, are into checking things out, that's fine. But, if you don't use it, get rid of it. I use App2SD Pro to help me control my internal memory. It's an excellent app for moving most apps to your SD card; it'll even let you know which ones you can move when you download them. There's no specific rule for a minimum amount of free internal memory you should have. At least not that I know of. To me, 40-50 megs seems reasonable. But that's up to each individual, I would think. There are apps that can help with memory management -- like Android Booster, Memory Up Personal, Benchmark Optimizer, etc. -- that work pretty good. They should keep things running up to speed.

dustremover

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I am having a very similar, if not the exact same, problem.

I just got the evo shift and updated it to GB. All I have done so far is log into my google account. I have not downloaded a single thing. When I go to Settings > SD & phone storage it says that "Internal storage" is at 343 MB. To further show that this is storage not RAM i go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All and I see "85MB used" and "346MB free".

Now as most of you should know, sprint advertises the evo shift to come with "2GB Internal Storage". I will be quite shocked if the OS is taking up around 1.5 gb of that internal memory.

Is anybody else having this problem? Is there perhaps something going on with the phone (a misreading, or something faulty).

I'm aware sd cards can help alleviate this, but 346MB? Really?
Also, to make sure this is not the RAM it is reflecting I killed a few applications like Voicemail and what not and watched the RAM display change but the "346MB free" internal storage remain the same.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2