Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 2.5 Gb over 3 Gb limit= $125 extra!!!

Hey guys,
    I just checked my data usage and I'm 2.5 Gb over my 3 Gb limit which will amount to a $125 extra charge. I don't know what happened but I didn't download or stream any movies or download any music. There coverage map indicated I was in a good 4G area but it indicated that I used zero 4G data. Their system must be off since it indicated I used all 3G and no 4G especially since I live in Los Angeles, a decent 4G area. Furthermore, all month I've had issues with the data. To Sprint's credit, they haven't officially billed me so maybe they are gonna give people a break since they screwed up data most of this month. Anybody else take a look at their data usage?

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Default Re: 2.5 Gb over 3 Gb limit= $125 extra!!!

I've been watching my data usage, and I'm not looking at an overage, but I have noticed that I have to constantly keep re-connecting to 4G - I'm in the Twin Cities, another good coverage area. Watch your notification area, if you see a 4G icon popup on the left hand side, it means the radio is active, but not connected to Sprint.

I haven't contacted tech support yet, since it seems to have settled down since a re-boot. We'll see.

Default Re: 2.5 Gb over 3 Gb limit= $125 extra!!!

I use 3g Watch Dog to monitor my 3g usage on my View. Works well and it's free on the Android market.