Time to return your HTC View; HTC Puccini is coming out

jlee91780

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
HTC Puccini just passed the FCC per Engadget. As many of you many know, I like various features about the View, but not the web browsing which I think is due to the underpowered single core processor and inconsistent Sprint servic . The Puccini will be dual core and bigger. If you guys are like me who purchased the View on opening day, we still can return the device. Somebody convince me to keep the View before Friday.

Last edited:

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Didn't you decide yesterday to turn it in? Or are you just making yet another post to bash it and sprint?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I mean, uh, you should keep the view, since you obviously think so highly of it and the service

jlee91780

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I mean, uh, you should keep the view, since you obviously think so highly of it and the service

I said I was turning in my phone which I did. Only thing I have left with them is this View, which for the most part I like, except for the Sprint part of it. Sorry for trying to express my opinion in a open discussion forum. Guess I'm not part of your cool forum club.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
But your opinion in every thread is Sprint sucks, View sucks. If you don't like them, switch. You don't need anyone to tell you, you've already made up your mind

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Havent gotten the view myseld, but am looking to get a tablet soon. I will wait to see the specs of this thing before I decide.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
HTC Puccini just passed the FCC per Engadget. As many of you many know, I like various features about the View, but not the web browsing which I think is due to the underpowered single core processor and inconsistent Sprint servic . The Puccini will be dual core and bigger. If you guys are like me who purchased the View on opening day, we still can return the device. Somebody convince me to keep the View before Friday.

One quick question... Is there a release date??? I mean if it just passed and got approved through the FCC it could still take a bit of time to come out right?

Plus its going to be released on AT&T.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7-20080432-251/htcs-10-inch-puccini-tablet-clears-fcc-with-at-t-bands/

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

jlee91780

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
But your opinion in every thread is Sprint sucks, View sucks. If you don't like them, switch. You don't need anyone to tell you, you've already made up your mind

I'm sorry I've been a little overboard with the negativity on Sprint or the View but I've really tried to give a reason for why things are not working as they should rather than just say something is bad and given my comparison to ATT and I've given reasons why the View is good. I kept warning I would be willing to return something and I did do it with my phone. I believe that when people share that they switched carriers or devices, it tells other people they can do it too with impunity too. I also think a lot of people go out and look for all the reasons to like a carrier or device and that's great for their lives they can be so loyal to a radio signal managed by corporate exes or a hunk of metal no matter how truly crappy, but there will always be a need for people like me to nitpick a carrier or device until these companies get it right.

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
It appears the wrong user was banned.

The new device will be judged on its own merit when released. Consumers will purchase based on there needs, desires and wants as usual.

Appears to be too big for my requirements. The View is just the right size.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site

The new device will be judged on its own merit when released. Consumers will purchase based on there needs, desires and wants as usual.

The user that was complained about, and was clearly trolling in this post was banned from this post. If there are problems in other threads, you should have reported those. The moderators can't read every line written here.

oldpueblo

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
That's a 10" tablet, whole different tablet segment (mobility vs annoying bag/couch surfing). In my mind it doesn't compete with the View anymore than a minivan would compete with a truck.

jlee91780

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
That's a 10" tablet, whole different tablet segment (mobility vs annoying bag/couch surfing). In my mind it doesn't compete with the View anymore than a minivan would compete with a truck.
Yeah, oldpueblo you are right about the mobility. But still, aren't you worried about the single core? Other thing is I have taking notes on the View pretty good, but may be better if you can actually take notes on full size pdfs or paper size screens.

miakotamatsue

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
You will find that 10" can be a little big for you as a tablet. It's hard to handle. When I had the Xoom, I kept thinking why don't I just pull out my laptop (Sony Vaio Z 13 inch) instead. I see some people getting covers with keyboards which will add a $100+. If you're going to do that, you may as well get a netbook or a laptop which are more powerful devices and possibly better apps. 7" is great for holding. It doesn't cramp your hand and you don't have that feeling of possibly dropping it when holding. I find myself using the Flyer more often than when I had the Xoom just for that reason.

A dual-core Honeycomb experience may be slower than a single-core Gingerbread experience believe it or not. It all really depends on how apps are developed. My Xoom was noticeably slower than my HTC Flyer when comes to user interface functions and many apps including movie playback. If you like high end games, then maybe a switch to dual-core (especially Invidia Tegra) is for you because the graphics are better.

Anyway, those are my observations and why I switched from 10" Honeycomb dual-core to the HTC Flyer.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

I totally agree with you oldpueblo, the View/Flyer is in a whole different class. It is the perfect size to be carried around. I travel an hour to work and an hour home from work on the train and find the size of the View perfect.

I have a Nook color (rooted & romed) and really like how I could just toss it in my back pack. I also have an Xoom and find it kind of cumbersome to use everyday. It's heavy and over sized, and after holding it for about 20mins it gets annoying. I've had my View for a week now and it is actually exactly what I've been looking for in the size department. It's the perfect fit between my EVO 4g and my laptop.

Yeah, oldpueblo you are right about the mobility. But still, aren't you worried about the single core? Other thing is I have taking notes on the View pretty good, but may be better if you can actually take notes on full size pdfs or paper size screens.

Jlee, I think you have to look at tablets for what they are. In my opinion they are a bridge between laptops and our smart phones. Power isn't always the answer... It's more up to what each user is looking to do with it.

I'm finding that the View is perfect for what it is. It's fast, stable and in the last week that I've had it I have not had one single issue with it being a single core device. Hell, I've decide on not upgrading my EVO 4g cause it does everything these new dual core device can do and do it just as fast and a whole lot more stable.

I've had more issues with my Xoom, I do think most of my issues with the Xoom is do to "HoneyComb". I feel it needs a lot of work still. The View and Gingerbread is a perfect match, it runs nice and smooth. And now that i rooted my View and dumped a ton of stuff Sprint put into it... It runs smoking fast and i got a couple extra gigs of memory to boot.

On taking notes on it... I have found it at all cramped or that I need a bigger screen. The 2 main reasons I got the View are the size and the scribe. I love being able to go to one of the restaurants web pages look up our specials, tap the screen, then make a bunch of notes and send that page back to that restaurant in order for them to make the changes that need to be done. I also use the scribe and web page note taking ability to go to my different product providers web pages to see what's available and do the samething. Before I had my View I had to wait till I was near a fax machine to do both of the above.

In short in the last week having the View has changed the way I use my time on my ride to and from work.

Viewing It!!!

jlee91780

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site

Boy I just tried out using the scribe on the PDF viewer with a real pdf. Pretty cool, putting the pen to the pdf didn't make a screen capture but actually allowed me to take notes it in its native pdf configuration. Just when I had made the decision to return it later today, I discovered this feature. Bringing the View to conferences discussing pdf articles has not been disruptive at all due to its portability. Now one more point toward not returning it. Two more days until decision Friday. What to do, what to do?

Major

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I think the annoyance with this thread stems from the OP asking for people to convince him not to do something he had already seemingly decided to do. I for one will not try to convince anyone to do anything. Do what you want. The facts are readily available, and you have first hand experience with the device. Only you can decide if it works for you. The only thing you're going to get out of a thread like this is opinions, yet the only opinion that should matter is your own.

As for the question at hand, I see a 10" tablet and a 7" tablet as two completely different segments. I have a wifi Xoom that I use around the house for browsing, reading, gaming, etc. I never take it anywhere. Once there is a 7" tablet available that I like, I'll get one for portability, and it'll likely have 3G/4G capability.

oldpueblo

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I could care less about dual core, single core is fast enough for everything for me. Even my old Droid 1 overclocked to 1Ghz runs things fine, the Droid Incredible at 1Ghz is still a fast phone, etc. I think too many people get caught up in the specs and don't focus on the experience.

knishknosh

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if you can tether an android tablet (such as the HTC View) to an android phone (such as the HTC Evo 3d)? Salesman at the sprint store said he didn't think any of the tethering apps could dod this. Appreciate your help as i am thinking of converting to Android and thinking about buying these devices. Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1