1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Evo View HC Update

The OTA honeycomb update doesn't appears in my Evo View. I downloaded the update OTA_Express_HC_S_Sprint_WWE_2.23.651.1-1.22.651.2_release_2310617n25jzbh791c6frl.zip

How can I install or apply the update?!? I'm unrooted.

Global Posts
    825 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Evo View HC Update

When I got my View last week I had to do two updates. When I went to settings and checked for HTC updates I got the first one, installed that and then checked again and then the HC update was available. Both installed with no problems.
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G

I just my View 4G and am not in USA. So I'm guessing its the reason why I'm not getting the OTA update to Honeycomb. I downloaded the file as well but do not know how to update it? Anyone able to help here?

Global Posts
    4,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

You would put the image on the root of your SDCard and boot into recovery and flash it. I would suggest some reading since they are more about development and while you may not be looking to root, you should be familiar with requirements. You will be booting into the HTC Recovery and flashing your image. Not too difficult I have done it many times on my HTC DInc & Thunderbolt.

Of course I will be rooting my HTC Evo View and going custom ROM and killilng the Sprint radios since mine will be very nice WiFi Tablet.

Raptor, can you elaborate a little bit more. I am trying to update a bunch of tablets to honeycomb and trying to do so via sd. I am having no luck