Drawing apps that take advantage of the scribe fully?

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for suggestions for apps that take full advantage of the Scribe pen, specifically drawing apps. I've downloaded Quill and Sketchbook Pro but neither use the eraser function and it looks like only Quill takes advantage of the pressure sensitivity.

I know this should probably be in the apps section but who is going to see it there and this is specifically related to the Scribe funtionality.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
If anyone tries Sketch Pad or Scribble Companion, they are not what you might think. They are not drawing programs. Basically, they are filling the screen with an image of the paper. Then you take a screenshot and start drawing on that using the built in View/Flyer tools. When you save it, it goes to your scribbles folder in the gallery. Your image will have the status bar on there so better to take the screenshot in portrait mode so it takes up less space. I'm basically using it so I can get graph paper to draw on.

Both of these apps need to update their market pages to instruct people with Honeycomb what's going on as it just seems like they don't do anything.

sunriseshell

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for suggestions for apps that take full advantage of the Scribe pen, specifically drawing apps. I've downloaded Quill and Sketchbook Pro but neither use the eraser function and it looks like only Quill takes advantage of the pressure sensitivity.

I know this should probably be in the apps section but who is going to see it there and this is specifically related to the Scribe funtionality.

I too am wondering about this. I like how Quill's fountain pen brush is pressure sensitive, and wondering if any other apps are taking advantage of this ability of the hardware.

If anyone tries Sketch Pad or Scribble Companion, they are not what you might think. They are not drawing programs. Basically, they are filling the screen with an image of the paper. Then you take a screenshot and start drawing on that using the built in View/Flyer tools. When you save it, it goes to your scribbles folder in the gallery. Your image will have the status bar on there so better to take the screenshot in portrait mode so it takes up less space....

These apps were nice in GB because they gave you some options as far as background choice for your screenshot to scribble on. They still serve the same purpose, but as you said not necessarily "what you might think".

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Autodesk sketchbook pro uses pressure sensitivity... It is a full drawing app as well... Only thing it doesn't use is the eraser function.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Autodesk sketchbook pro uses pressure sensitivity... It is a full drawing app as well... Only thing it doesn't use is the eraser function.

Which pens in the app use the pressure sensitivity? I've got the pro version and didn't see anything different the harder I pressed.

R23PO

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I guess I don't really notice any pen pressure either in sketchbook. Canvas Lite tries to make use of pressure. Does any one know what level of pressure sensitivity the HTC scribe/stylus has?

langkata

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
For Sketchbook Pro you should be able to go into Preferences and check a box to enable pressure sensitivity. I was able to do this on my lenovo tablet.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
For Sketchbook Pro you should be able to go into Preferences and check a box to enable pressure sensitivity. I was able to do this on my lenovo tablet.

That worked. Of course you have to figure out where the preferences are. Get the toolbars to appear and then hit the "i" icon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie