Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can the Eco View 4G be used as a phone?

I just saw a commercial for a Samsung Tablet that had a pen similar to the View, and it seemed to indicate that it was both a tablet and a phone.

Is there a way or plans to make the View have phone capabilities?
    KielMed1 owner of:
    Evo 4G,IPhone,Acer A500, Nook Tablet, Lenovo A1, Evo 4G View, Asus Eee Transfer, IPAD2.

Default Re: Can the Eco View 4G be used as a phone?

Sign up for google voice, then grab Grooveip from the market, I think you may need an application specific password if you use 2 step authentication with google, but it works great..I was even in the Bahamas last week, and don't think gvoice is supposed to work from international locations but it worked flawlessly over free wifi. For some reason the app was removed from the market a few Weeks ago, but its back now...I just checked.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Does this affect your data usage?

yes, it uses all data to make calls..

the only issue is there is no bt headset to sync it with, so far everything comes out of speaker..

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

I can confirm the google voice & groove ip set up works. Don't forget to forward calls to google talk in gv settings or you won't be able to receive calls. Use the groove ip dialer. Use gv to text.

I have an EVO View, but I use it via Wi-Fi. I have a 1 gig plan and 300 texts. I only use the plan when I'm not near free-fi. I haven't seen it affect my data.

HTH.

ETA: I use a wired headset w/ a Mic. Works very well!

Sent from my Evolved View via Tapatalk
    FL Orange/GA Peach....All natural, no artificial sweeteners.
    Android newbie w/ a techie swag. Freaked and hacked all my phones.....currently EVOlved.

How much is the 1 gig plan and is it month to month?

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brandonc View Post
    How much is the 1 gig plan and is it month to month?
    Just saw this q. The 1 gig plan is 19.99 per month. It is monthly.
    I know Sprint was offering month to month plans on the View. I'm not sure if these plans are still offered.

Sent from my EVOlved View via Tapatalk v.2
    FL Orange/GA Peach....All natural, no artificial sweeteners.
    Android newbie w/ a techie swag. Freaked and hacked all my phones.....currently EVOlved.

Good to know thanks for the reply!
    Thanked by: