Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Dead View Battery

Today I had a weird experience with my View. When I got to my office I pulled it out of my bag and turned it on and was immediately confronted with a big red warning that my battery was low and that I needed to plug in.

Now I've had the View since December and never had it go dead. I've been charging it with the HTC wall plug from my HTC EVO 4G both at work and at home with no problems. Charges quickly and even when using it it would charge faster than I was using it. Plugged into a USB port it won't do that.

Anyway, I plugged it in and turned it on and my battery meter I use showed 0 percent charge. Oops. Shortly thereafter the View shut itself off and would not turn on again. At this point the status light was flashing orange. This usually means that the battery is too low to use an you have to wait a while for it to get charged up enough. Problem was that it never went solid. Left it plugged in for over six hours and it never stopped flashing and wouldn't turn on. Figured that I killed it. Now the fear sets in that since I bought it at discount from dailysteals that I might not get warranty coverage from HTC. I wrote to the support department anyway (haven't heard back).

When I got home I figured I'd try one more thing and that is the original HTC View charger. Plugged it into the View and the light started blinking again which I figured wasn't going to be anything different from my earlier expoerience. Well after about 2 minutes the light stopped flashing. Hmmm... that's a good sign. Powered it up and it came alive! It's now charging up and working. Not going to let that happen again. I'll still charge it the way I've been doing but going to keep the original charger handy just in case.
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + Nexus 9 + G Watch R

Just be safe and use only the original charger
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by avidandroider View Post
    Just be safe and use only the original charger
    I don't think there's anything dangerous about using other charging methods. They just can't kickstart a dead battery.