Is my View dead?

jigz23

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
So my rooted view sudden rebooted on its own into a loop and ended up booting into CM recovery by itself. But it recovery I get this message at the bottom
E:unknown misc partition fs_type "ext4"

I've tried recovery, reinstalling roms, even unrooting. Nothing will work. It'll always go back to the recovery screen with that message. Can my view be salvaged? Or is it gone?

jigz23

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I know it's been a while, but I've tried everything and this is my last hope now. I tried many different things, even flashing the stock desensed rom kernal and i am getting the same exact error when i reboot after successfully installing E:unknown misc partition fs_type "ext4" .

bboymickey

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
So my rooted view sudden rebooted on its own into a loop and ended up booting into CM recovery by itself. But it recovery I get this message at the bottom
E:unknown misc partition fs_type "ext4"

I've tried recovery, reinstalling roms, even unrooting. Nothing will work. It'll always go back to the recovery screen with that message. Can my view be salvaged? Or is it gone?

Have you gotten any resolution on this because I am having the same problem as of last night. I was hoping that if I left it plugged in overnight it would help it. Nothing. I have tried everything you have said in this post as well. I don't know what to do.