Posting from my new view

oldpueblo

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
It's awesome, I will now take your questions. Got the free scribe pen, chose the 3GB plan for $35 after $10 discount for having another sprint account. Sadly the unlimited 4G unlimited part does me no good since its not covering Phoenix.

JOHNGAETANO

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Congrats!! Enjoy. I have the flyer, and will probably run to Sprint and grab a View and take the Flyer Back, $399 with 2 year isn't a bad deal. I will probably never keep it for 2 years, but you never know.

oldpueblo

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I haven't started troubleshooting yet, but the radio is ungodly slow. I did five tests and all were 800 ping and sub 100kbps speed with full bars in multiple parts of town. I'll update PRL and maybe reset it and stuff to see if it improves. This is with 3G, no 4G here.

Otherwise, I love it and carried it with me all day.

oldpueblo

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Oh speak of the devil, there's an HTC update. My View is at version 1.18.651.1 and the update is 1.22.651.1. On the wireless it's fine so that's what makes me think its the radio, we'll see if this changes anything.

jlee91780

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
The 3G is okay, but 4G very spotty. A recent Engadget report cited statistics showing that Sprint 4G is on average slower than AT&T 3G, which was usually decent to me when I had Iphone. However, I was in some area with full 4G signal bars and I observed blazing speeds faster than my home DSL, but this quickly ended once we drove past this area, but this does show that there is good potential.

Can the poster cite reasons he likes the View so much? I was as excited as anyone, but am trying to invent reasons to keep this. What does the poster like about the View over any other device. I had an Iphone and Ipad; this device is more portable and open than Ipad, but I'm not sure it offers that much in terms of internet browsing over a 4.3 inch phone display. All of this, along with the radio problems, as well as the constant thought lurking behind my head that the single core processor would become obsolete when new software like Ice Cream Sandwich comes out, really making me reconsider.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2