Will extremely cheap plan work on HTC One

Luke9876

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
So either I've had a stroke of complete genius or I'm a fool for believing this is true. I was thinking about buying an unlocked HTC One m7 and then using Google Voice for free talk and text. To get the data that I need to make this work I was planning on using Ting. In case you're unfamiliar with Ting, it's basically a bring your own device service that lets you completely customize your plan. I expect that I won't be using over 500MB, so a plan giving me just that is $19/mo. It seems a little too good to be true if I'll be getting basically unlimited talk and text and maybe about 400MB of data left over. The catch is that Ting uses Sprint's network for their 4g and lte. I checked and my area (around D) and it's is pretty well covered. The question is that if the frequencies in the unlocked version of the HTC m7 are compatible with Sprint's.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
So either I've had a stroke of complete genius or I'm a fool for believing this is true. I was thinking about buying an unlocked HTC One m7 and then using Google Voice for free talk and text. To get the data that I need to make this work I was planning on using Ting. In case you're unfamiliar with Ting, it's basically a bring your own device service that lets you completely customize your plan. I expect that I won't be using over 500MB, so a plan giving me just that is $19/mo. It seems a little too good to be true if I'll be getting basically unlimited talk and text and maybe about 400MB of data left over. The catch is that Ting uses Sprint's network for their 4g and lte. I checked and my area (around D) and it's is pretty well covered. The question is that if the frequencies in the unlocked version of the HTC m7 are compatible with Sprint's.

No, the unlocked One will only work with GSM networks.