1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry HTC First, Removable Disk

I find it a extremely annoying that I plug my HTC First into my computer and is prompted to download windows media player just to transfer music and other data. With my HTC Inspire, I simply plugged it in via USB and was prompted how I wanted to use MY device. Anyway around this? I am not getting windows media player 11 or up. Its garbage. Its unneeded. I have a windows XP SP2 computer I do not feel like getting new software on an obsolete computer.

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

Default Re: HTC First, Removable Disk

I've tried to install HTC's device management software and drivers on both Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7, but I can't seem to get it to recognize my HTC first. If anybody comes up with a work-around for mounting the phone on a computer, I'd definitely be interested.

I can't connect through the HTC software. Or get the bootloader unlocked from them. It sucks!

I figured it out. The HTC sync program will NOT work with the First. You have to download the HTC MANAGER. Then it will sync as usual

HTC First, Incredible. iPhone 4 j/b.
    Android Central App

Oh, and I had to use the border from a Windows 8 computer. I tried on my win 7 sp 1. And on Ubuntu. But with win 8I was able to unlock my bootloader. And finally root my phone. I had to do it manual, not with any of the one click apps.

HTC First, Incredible. iPhone 4 j/b.
    Android Central App