Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Flyer fastforward

hey, my tablet fastforward in all media plays, music, movies, and so on, even internet movies it fastforward, cant make it to stop, so not really enjoyable to listen to music on, mostly cause there is no sound cause of the fastforward, turned it on and off dusin of times, and it worked last night...help...
    The first on Androidcentral to own a HTC Flyer

Quote Originally Posted by Teknik-jyden View Post
    hey, my tablet fastforward in all media plays, music, movies, and so on, even internet movies it fastforward, cant make it to stop, so not really enjoyable to listen to music on, mostly cause there is no sound cause of the fastforward, turned it on and off dusin of times, and it worked last night...help...
    Soft reset, hard reset, and factory reset in that order until one works.

IT Service Professional - I Just Want My Device to Be Productive
    IT Service Professional - I Just Need A Device To Be Productive

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

You do not indicate when this fastforward problem started (soon as you purchased the unit, a week later, or after you installed some app).

If the unit is doing this right out the box - it's a no brainer simply return the defective unit and get replacement.

If it is caused by some app you installed - uninstall your recently installed apps until you find the culprit.

Good luck...

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Re: Flyer fastforward

Well after i was this first in here to get a flyer :P you would think ive had for a while now...i dont recall installing an app, just startet diong it overnight....no other fails to see...would really like not to reset, but what down a soft reset inclued, and how to i do that?

Quote Originally Posted by wagadesa View Post
    You do not indicate when this fastforward problem started (soon as you purchased the unit, a week later, or after you installed some app).

If the unit is doing this right out the box - it's a no brainer simply return the defective unit and get replacement.

If it is caused by some app you installed - uninstall your recently installed apps until you find the culprit.

Good luck...

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Well after i was this first in here to get a flyer :P you would think ive had for a while now...i dont recall installing an app, just startet diong it overnight....no other fails to see...would really like not to reset, but what down a soft reset inclued, and how to i do that?
    Hold the power button for about 10 seconds until the Flyer goes into shutdown mode and then release the button. Let it turn all the way off. Wait a moment or two. Then hold the power button for about 10 seconds until the Flyer begins to restart (HTC screen appears). Release the power button and let it finish starting. Then go check to see if the issue resolved.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

well, like when i shut i down normally? restarted it many times, was my first shot of restore the sound, in a hard reset, what will be deleted?

well, like when i shut i down normally? restarted it many times, was my first shot of restore the sound, in a hard reset, what will be deleted?
    To more specific the Hard or Factory reset erases all user added apps and data. This is a link to HTC's prodedure for a hard reset.

HTC Flyer WiFi - Resetting HTC Flyer

You may want to try the HTC support option first, as I found them very helpful when I had an isue after I originally purchased my Flyer.

Keep us posted.
    IT Service Professional - I Just Need A Device To Be Productive