Any news on honeycomb?

mportuesisf

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
From the HTCUSA feed on Twitter:

HTCUSA HTC USA Mark4816 We are committed to updating Flyer to Honeycomb; however, we don’t have a specific date to share at this time.
26 Oct

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
IF they did decide to give us ICS on the Flyer (which they are still producing, btw) me thinks they would skip the Honeycomb update altogether, which may explain why it's taking so long...

batmanxgr

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Do we really need honeycomb? The flyer works great as is. and if there was an update to honeycomb? Do you think you would be able to keep the sense UI? Most honeycomb tablets are running naked honeycomb. The Samsung tablets are running touchwiz. I'm not giving up sense UI for an OS update that can give the flyer problems and give me headaches, like GB did to my current EVO 4G. I wish I never updated my EVO to GB.

I say, if you want honeycomb? Get a honeycomb tablet, like the jetstream.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
The jetstream HAS Sense UI. No, I don't want naked honeycomb and will not leave GB if they released naked honeycomb for the flyer. I've tried every tab and the flyer was the only one I liked. Honeycomb sucks. I've heard nothing but good about ics though.

Sent from one of my gadgets

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I really hope we get ICS, and I have a feeling that if HTC leaves up hanging, maybe XDA can pull through.

While I would like to see the flyer get, umm an update; I have a feeling we won't be seeing ICS as a priority. Hopefully I'm wrong but it seems like the Flyer is "old" regarding technology and seems to be skipped regarding updates or information.

Not trying to be downer here just realistic.

stirling

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
But, HTC is still relatively new to the tablet market. Maybe, just maybe, we'll see ICS because they want to seem relevant and like someone that can be trusted to take care of existing units. I know, it sounds like BS, but since they don't have to worry about a carrier (that's you Verizon!) slowing down the works....

mikeypizano

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
But, HTC is still relatively new to the tablet market. Maybe, just maybe, we'll see ICS because they want to seem relevant and like someone that can be trusted to take care of existing units.

That is how I feel as well. I mean didn't the original iPad get update for iOS 5?

dstrauss#IM

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
But, HTC is still relatively new to the tablet market. Maybe, just maybe, we'll see ICS because they want to seem relevant and like someone that can be trusted to take care of existing units. I know, it sounds like BS, but since they don't have to worry about a carrier (that's you Verizon!) slowing down the works....

I hope this is the case as well. With Google announcing that Android 4 (ICS) will go open source in the next few weeks, it should provide fuel for the developer community even if HTC drops the ball.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
This thread is like an emotional rollercoaster for me......lol

I would be happy with any update that comes out but would be extra super happy for an ICS update :)

grandadmiral

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
This thread is like an emotional rollercoaster for me......lol

I would be happy with any update that comes out but would be extra super happy for an ICS update :)

Well to get that super happy feeling you're going to have to wait until 2012, if they decide to give ICS to the Flyer.

Sent from GrandAdmiral's phone using Tapatalk.

Artisanthe

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
From the "for what it's worth" department..... Apparently, the Facebook page for HTC in Turkey, is reporting on some upcoming "Upgrades" to various HTC products. Listed among them, was the Flyer's long awaited Honeycomb Update.....coming in December.

You can find this info for yourself at theunwired.net. I have no idea how reliable the information is.....just passing on the News....D

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
This is my thought on it, and my thought alone. If they give us Honeycomb in December, that is it for the Flyer. Since they were working on Honeycomb for it, it kinda' makes sense to give it to us.

If Honeycomb doesn't come out soon, they are working on an ICS ROM for us...which they may just be doing. For the Flyer NOT to get any update, would make me, and a lot of other people hesitant at best to buy another HTC tablet down the road.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey