Flyer U.S. Sales Figures?

adamm44

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what the U.S. sales figures are since the Flyer's launch? I haven's seen anything posted. I'm just curious. I think the more that are sold will determine how much support/development is put into the Flyer. I honestly haven't seen that many customized accessories for the Flyer. Has HTC released the SDK for the pen? I haven't purchased the pen because I would like to see some apps developed for the pen.(not just using it for Evernote) Thoughts anyone?

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
133 views and no thoughts/comments.....

I have tried to find that information as well, but have been unsuccessful. IMO, if sales were great, we would have seen Honeycomb on our Flyers and more pen apps, by now. I think this is the product of poor marketing by HTC and Best Buy, when they over priced the tablet and the pen, cutting into mass market appeal. I have seen that Staples will be selling the Flyer, indicating to me that HTC is trying to expand sales. At this point I have abandoned hope of seeing this version of the Flyer achieving the level of pen productivity that I had hoped for and will continue to enjoy the small form factor and the pen app as is. Considering this I have ordered the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet and will hope it lives up to it's claim of a business level tablet.

IT Service Professional - I Just Want My Device to Be Productive

adamm44

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
"IMO, if sales were great, we would have seen Honeycomb on our Flyers and more pen apps, by now. I think this is the product of poor marketing by HTC and Best Buy, when they over priced the tablet and the pen, cutting into mass market appeal."

I completely agree. This is HTC's first tablet. They should give full support to it. At least until they come out with another 7" tablet. The specs are up to par with other tablets in the market right now. I mean sure, no Honeycomb, or dual core processor but, it's 1.5GHz processor and 1GB ram keeps it running as fast as other tablets though. We'll just have to wait and see....

DMAC55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
"IMO, if sales were great, we would have seen Honeycomb on our Flyers and more pen apps, by now. I think this is the product of poor marketing by HTC and Best Buy, when they over priced the tablet and the pen, cutting into mass market appeal."

I completely agree. This is HTC's first tablet. They should give full support to it. At least until they come out with another 7" tablet. The specs are up to par with other tablets in the market right now. I mean sure, no Honeycomb, or dual core processor but, it's 1.5GHz processor and 1GB ram keeps it running as fast as other tablets though. We'll just have to wait and see....

I agree with what you're saying here. I own 2 flyers. One I use 7 days a week for all functions when I am not at my desk and the other is shared at home among family members. I am happy overall with the Flyer (obviously since I made the investment twice) but I am disappointed in HTC for seemingly forgetting all who adopted their first effort at a tablet. I'm really not concerned with Honeycomb but I was convinced that applications that use/take advantage of the pen would be available by now. I suppose HTC would say that is up to the developers but that isn't happening. It sure seems like HTC has just moved on with developing other products and they are done with the Flyer. I hope that isn't the case, though. If it is, I will not return to HTC for future hardware and will seek companies who actually provide support after the sale.

Artisanthe

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
The preliminary (unstable) rom for Honeycomb on the Flyer has just leaked. While I'm not sure I even want Honeycomb on my Flyer....I am Happy to see they are still working on updating the tablet. Overall, I am pleased with my Flyer....but I too expected bigger things for the Pen....D

MrS600

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm new too Android, & am pretty impressed with my Flyer.

In South Africa its sold with all the goodies included, which is great, as companies tend to change the packaging for our market....

Reality is hardware is obsolete as soon as its released. HTC's competitors always producing something that makes "new" products like the Flyer seem out of date before their time. It's true, its short sighted to ignore us owners once they've "moved on" to newer projects, but you can't blame them. The competition is stiff...

I don't necessarily believe Honeycomb will be great for this device, based on what I've read. But the option to upgrade would be nice...