HELP - Boot loop!

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My Flyer is stuck in a boot loop at the HTC Quietly Brilliant screen. What are my options here? Just wait until it runs down its own battery? The battery is friggin' freshly charged too, so lord knows how long that will take. Is there another way to hard reset it?

EDIT: Phew, was able to break it out of its boot loop and get it into HBOOT. Now to see if I can find some way to restore the software, which seems to have died on me.

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
That will be a challenge without doing a system restore. Let us know how you come out.

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk

adamm44

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Yapkuen:
Have you had a software problem with your Flyer before (like an icon stuck on the home screen)? Or was that S Prime? If so, you might need a replacement.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I had a software problem with my first Flyer (periodically lost the ability to download Market apps and could not factory reset from within the software menu), but that has since been replaced. This is the first software error on the replacement unit, but I think it may have been my fault -- everything locked up and went into the boot loop after I popped off the white camera/SD card cover while the unit was still powered up. I think the software got confused because I was gripping the touch screen with my fingers pretty hard as this was going on.

In the end, everything worked out. I did have to do a system restore from HBOOT, but I didn't have much saved data to lose in the first place since I got this replacement unit relatively recently. Android seems to be back up and running just fine for now.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Whelp, spoke to soon. Android loaded back up fine, but it now has the same problem as my original Flyer -- won't download any apps from the Market. As soon as I get home from this business trip I'm on (for some reason my Flyers always break while I'm on the road for business), it's going back to Best Buy, and I likely won't be replacing it with another Flyer.

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Look at the Lenovo ThinkPad tablet. My GF plays Angry Birds on the Flyer and the TPT goes to work with me.

IT Service Professional - I Just Want a Device to be Productive

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Look at the Lenovo ThinkPad tablet. My GF plays Angry Birds on the Flyer and the TPT goes to work with me.

IT Service Professional - I Just Want a Device to be Productive

I'm pretty far outside of Best Buy's usual return window, so I probably have the best chance of just getting my Flyer swapped for something else they have in inventory (that's what the Geek Squad guy said last time, anyway... we'll see what story they go with this time). As far as I know, Best Buy isn't carrying the ThinkPad Tablet. If I'm stuck picking from the BB selection, I'm thinking perhaps Asus Transformer or Galaxy Tab 8.9. Not a fan of the fact that the Galaxy Tabs don't have a microSD slot, though.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Bizarre, my Flyer seems to have raised itself from the near-dead. Market apps are downloading again. Maybe this time it really was a Market glitch. Still, I'm going to keep a close, close watch on it for the next few months.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey