Flyer for $299.00

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Just saw this on the main page as well. The tablet market is definitely taking an interesting turn. I bought the Flyer at its original full price and have since been less than enthusiastic (albeit not at all displeased) about it, but for $299... I'd say it's definitely a good buy. At least if you don't want to shell out the full price for a Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet, or if you want a pen-enabled tab but not a 10 incher.

daniel2744

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I might buy one. I have been looking at the galaxy tab 10.1 I planned on buying it at Target when the price drops cause i work there but at 299 I just can't resist. That's the price these tablets should be at minimum. I used the acer a500 for a little while but I wouldn't miss honeycomb that much.

barkomatic

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I went out and got the Flyer at Best Buy today for $499 at lunch with the intention of going back tomorrow and getting the price adjustment down to $299. I figure they *may* be sold out fairly quickly in the stores with such a dramatic price drop. Then again, maybe not. I'm looking forward to playing with it this weekend. I'm a little hesitant to buy a tablet that may or may not be upgraded to ICS--let alone honeycomb but maybe it won't matter. It's also a shame HTC put a single core processor in the Flyer--hard to believe since its full retail was the same as an iPad 2.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm buying one tomorrow ....anybody want a nook color with a few hundred books, 32GB chip, and cover for $200.00? I'll also throw in a bunch of music...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

bluefyre#AC

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
HalizDad,

I'm in the same boat. I'm teetering on the brink of buying it tomorrow as well. In addition to trying to get rid of my Nook Color. :D
$299 is a sweet spot for that kind of tablet. Watching review videos on YouTube..

jmob26

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
barkomatic, I did the same thing. I went out yesterday afternoon to pick up a Flyer and with the intention of returning to Best Buy to get a $200 refund. Good thing I did, because there was only one Flyer in the store yesterday. The Flyer is a great device! It has neat integration with Evernote, too!

I have both a Nook Color and a Xoom as well. I bought the Nook Color the same day the Xoom was released, thinking I did not need a full 10-inch tablet. I was partially right. The Nook Color is perfect in size for reading ebooks, but I realized since buying the Xoom in May that I would use a tablet for also watching movies and TV shows. If my main activity on a table, though, is reading, the Xoom is a bit too bulky. I tried reading books on it, but its form factor and sharp-edged frame along the bezel just never worked for me.

I was about to root my Nook Color yesterday when I saw that Best Buy was dropping the price of the HTC Flyer. I also thought about waiting for the Samsung Tab 7.7, but I figured it would be pricier as it's packed with a dual-core 1.5 GHz processor. So why did I go for the Flyer? 1, It's HTC. 2, It's faster than a rooted NC. 3, It's getting Honeycomb and possibly ICS. And 4, I didn't feel like waiting for the Tab 7.7 to be released.

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I got one for my wife as I feel it would be the perfect size for her. I held off on the pen. I'll try and find one cheaper, $80 seems to much for it.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
HalizDad,

I'm in the same boat. I'm teetering on the brink of buying it tomorrow as well. In addition to trying to get rid of my Nook Color. :D
$299 is a sweet spot for that kind of tablet. Watching review videos on YouTube..

Rooted and loading my music

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Yep...I just sold my NC. I like this Flyer a lot. I'll install tapatalk on it when I get home

And did you get your asking price? I have a rooted NC as well and am tempted to sell it and get the Flyer. No sales tax for me either since I am in Alaska :cool: Just wondering if it is worth the hassle of switching.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I might sell my Tab 10.1 and get this. I love the 7 in form factor.

Anyone know if this is faster than the old Tab 7"?

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I just picked one up about an hour ago and it had 4% battery. Once its charged I'll get into it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

I don't have experience with the tab 7. I know this Flyer is faster than my Nook and EVO though...

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I sold my Galaxy Tab 10.1 and just got the flyer. No regrets here...Gingerbread is better than Honeycomb and the Flyer seems just as fast to me.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
And did you get your asking price? I have a rooted NC as well and am tempted to sell it and get the Flyer. No sales tax for me either since I am in Alaska :cool: Just wondering if it is worth the hassle of switching.

Yes, $200.00 for a NC with an SD card, leather case, 2yr extended warranty, and 390 books is a good deal and that's what I got for it. What, you think I should have sold it for $50? It looked brand new. I take care of my stuff, and it wasn't old. I sold my new one.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Gingerbread is better than Honeycomb and the Flyer seems just as fast to me.

You're not kidding. Honeycomb is overrated and I think half the people who sing its praises are simply following the other half who tolerate all the bugs. I despised my SGT-10.1

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11