cracked or scratched screen?
04-04-2013 08:04 AM
- Has anyone cracked or scratched their screen whether by using the pen or a drop or in any other way? I just got a flyer a few days ago and my pen should be coming in soon. Should I wait to get a screen protector before using my pen? Also, my friend dropped her ipad recently and the screen is just totally shattered but surprisingly it is still usable so I'm just curious if anyone has had this happen.10-10-2011 01:16 PM
- DailyTech - HTC Flyer Reviewed, 10-inch 'Puccini' Tablet Revealed
HTC Flyer WiFi Review - SlashGear
HTC Flyer: Can It Hold Up Against Honeycomb Tablets? | G Style Magazine
CORNING GORILLA GLASS | SEARCH
(Corning says they don't list everything on their website using Gorilla Glass) Several sites say the Flyer in fact DOES have Gorilla Glass. You can still scratch it, but it ain't easy. I didn't scratch mine the first time I test drove a Flyer with the pen. The tip of the pen is plastic.10-10-2011 04:17 PM
- I guess I don't know if it's Gorilla Glass or not, other than that I've never seen it promoted by HTC as being Gorilla Glass, and there have been numerous threads here of people reporting mishaps with their screens resulting from far less abusive treatment than some of the scratch tests people subject Gorilla Glass to. Bottom line, I wholeheartedly recommend a screen protector for the Flyer.10-10-2011 06:30 PM
- I've never seen HTC promote any product as having gorilla glass...but many have it. The truth is there are several out there that are plenty sturdy. GG will shatter if dropped (I murdered my Hero) and can be scratched if mistreated
Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk10-10-2011 07:03 PM
- 10-10-2011 07:22 PM
- There are a few tablets on the market that have Gorilla Glass and unfortunately the Flyer is not reported to be one of them. The Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet is the first tablet that I have seen that is licensed to market the Gorilla Glass name. So Lenovo uses it in their marketing campaigns. Also, Gorilla Glass is tough but not scratch proof from some of the posts on the TPT forums.
Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk10-10-2011 08:19 PM
- Inherently, the bigger something gets, the weaker it's going to get unless it's made like an airplane wing. I don't get/believe/understand or something, the usb cable drop. I just don't. Of course, when conditions are absolutely perfect, anything is possible. I've seen weirder things like a 1/2" branch going through my transfer case skid plate, and housing...on the interstate. The skid plate is steel, while the housing is aluminum. It hit just right, so yes, anything is possible. I could see coins scratching a big ol Flyer screen tossed into a purse. Then again, you have to actually SEE what THEY are calling a scratch. I've had people show me scratches before that only they can see apparently. My Evo has a scratch that I can see if I hold it just right under a light with the screen off. Can't see it if I turn it on though. It's been naked from day 1.10-10-2011 09:15 PM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- HTC Flyer
cracked or scratched screen?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD