1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to add files to Flyer?

I'm looking at the Flyer & I really like it. But if I buy it, how do I transfer my music, docs, pics, etc to it?

Default Re: How to add files to Flyer?

Lots of different ways for this. You can plug it into your PC and have it show up as a drive, you can use HTC Sync (Though I haven't been able to get Sync to recognize my Flyer), or you can get a micro SD card for it which you could also transfer files to with a card reader.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by stirling View Post
    Lots of different ways for this. You can plug it into your PC and have it show up as a drive, you can use HTC Sync (Though I haven't been able to get Sync to recognize my Flyer), or you can get a micro SD card for it which you could also transfer files to with a card reader.
    Ah, there is the confusion. When playing with it in the store, I only saw the proprietary charging port. Is there a mini/micro USB hiding somewhere?
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Quote Originally Posted by katefields View Post
    Ah, there is the confusion. When playing with it in the store, I only saw the proprietary charging port. Is there a mini/micro USB hiding somewhere?
    The charging port accepts one end of the USB cable that you plug into your computer... It comes with a longer-than-most USB cable, and a separate charger. It's easy to move files. USB, MicroSD, Bluetooth. It's just like all the other tabs in that aspect.

ROM
    BAMF Paradigm 2.x

Quote Originally Posted by katefields View Post
    The charging port is a micro USB port (though it dose not appear as such) in addition to being a proprietary port.
    HTC was innovative here, their plug design being longer seats better and stays in better while using the device while charging, yet has full industry standard compatability.
    Sprint, the 'Maybe Later Network'.

Palm Pre -> ƎVO -> GNex -> HTC ONE -> Nexus 5
    HP Touchpad -> HTC Flyer -> Nexus 7 (2012) -> B&N HD+

HTC sync have been unrelieable, but they have fixed it in the latest HTC sync update, then you can make a folder on your pc and make your flyer sync to that or you can as told in other posts drop and drag

plug in flyer, choose youre desired connection on the pop-up screen on the flyer and whaaam! you have music, documents, movies etc. good luck,im very happy with my flyer
    The first on Androidcentral to own a HTC Flyer

You could use Dropbox for smaller files. That is how I transfer my documents back and forth actually since it is much easier then plugging it into my PC and waiting for it to show up as a drive. I may have to look into HTC Sync actually.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Great! Thank you, that is exactly what I wanted to know. Very neat.

dropbox <3 sure thing, nice little free app
    The first on Androidcentral to own a HTC Flyer

You could also use Doubletwist. It allows for iTunes like syncing of photos, playlists as well as music and videos. Best of all, it's free!

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Check out the following link, including the comments at the bottom of the page for additional methods:

I use Dropbox for small files. I also use a Windows shared directory and ES File Explorer to easily transfer any files.
    Last edited by anachronism; 10-18-2011 at 04:07 PM. Reason: I fixed the link