Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Honeycomb 3.2 for the Flyer is here!

Just did a software update check on my Wi-Fi Flyer (Best Buy) and it asked me if I wanted to updat to 3.2. Went ahead and did it and so far all is working good.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Honeycomb 3.2 for the Flyer is here!

Yep, pulling it down now...

Honeycomb appears to have broken my Flyer. No software buttons, no hardware buttons, touchscreen not responding. All I get to do is stare at the wallpaper. Can't even reboot it because no UI elements are appearing. Awesome.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Just got the OTA for 3.2 just now UK Wifi model.

HC works great as expected.

I would recommend to some people to restore to factory default settings after updates to get rid off all the conflict between incompatible 2.3 and 3.0 apps.

Pulled it down and installed last night. Everything went smoothly, I didn't time it but it was probably only 10 - 15 minutes before it was ready to go.

I

ROM
    Stock

FINALLY! downloading now (9am Connecticut)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Still no updates available on mine - is there any way to manually pull this update to my Flyer?

Sounds like things are going smoothly for everyone else, I guess I'm just doomed to never have a fully functional Flyer, whether on GB or HC.

Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Hope it works out for everyone! (Seriously)

Quote Originally Posted by yapkuen View Post
    Honeycomb appears to have broken my Flyer. No software buttons, no hardware buttons, touchscreen not responding. All I get to do is stare at the wallpaper. Can't even reboot it because no UI elements are appearing. Awesome.

you can probably use these tips to try to update it

[Guide] How to fix soft brick after OTA

Thanks for the link. Any idea if this works if the bricked Flyer was originally s-on? Mine was completely stock at the time of the OTA.

Global Posts
    313 Global Posts

I'm going to read a few more of your reviews before jumping to HC. I am pretty happy with my Flyer just as it is. It does all of the things I need it to do just fine.
    WCK

ROM
    Stock

HBO GO and Hulu Plus do not work after the honeycomb update. HBO doesn't even appear in the market.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wckesq View Post
    I'm going to read a few more of your reviews before jumping to HC. I am pretty happy with my Flyer just as it is. It does all of the things I need it to do just fine.
    Same here.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Downloaded it late last night. Been playing with it non stop for about the past five hours. Haven't run into a single problem. Not one of the 30 or so apps I had on it before the update is having any problem running with Honeycomb. No lag, no extra battery drain (no noticeable improvement, either), no problem with the battery overheating as I read a few instances of with the Evo View. It has fixed the two issues I had before. One, it was constantly syncing even when nothing is selected to sync & the cell standby was stealing about 20% of the battery life when it shouldn't even be on a wi-fi only tablet. I used to have to leave it in airplane mode to shut the cell standby down. Not anymore! I do miss the carousel of the home screens but it's really no big deal. Took a little while to get used to the new location of some buttons on the screen but I'm good with them now. I actually prefer the home and back buttons being on the bottom of the screen now. I did prefer the background being white letters on black in the settings menu (black on white now). But again, no big deal. And the big difference is being able to use the scribe pen for so much more! All in all, unless your in love with Gingerbread (which I never had a real problem with) I would go for it.

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts

Mine still doesn't show the update available.

Downloading now!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - 4.2.2
    ---------
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus - 4.2.1
    HTC EVO 4G - 2.3.5

So far so good here. Downloaded last night before bed. I think things are running a bit snappier like others have said. No issues with apps that were already installed. A couple of apps that I like on my Xoom aren't compatible with this yet. Bummer.

Oh, and if you swipe fast enough you get the little spinny deal still. I think that comment was in this thread.
    Thanked by:
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Thanks for the tip on making the home screens spin. Just tried it and your right, it works if you spin it real fast!

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Well, mine went well, I thought. After first boot, I could not access the internet <proxy issue>, rebooted again and now can't connect to market, rhapsody, pandora, and various other apps.

Anyone have this going on and or have a solution?

I have a bricked Flyer, used the support line to arrange having it shipped back. Hangs on the boot screen after the HC notification came OTA ... Was never rooted, completely the responsibility of HTC. Just sooooo we keep things in perspective, this was not a positive outcome at all. Don't know why there is variability in the success rate of the install. As you can see below, my only Android in the phone now.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Updated this morning, no issues, went smoothly. However, the new GUI is DISGUSTING and does not make jumping to favorites easy. If I wanted a cheap looking Acer tablet from walmart, I would have done that.

Can anyone tell me:
    1) how to uninstall this update
    2) if HTC is going to release a mod to re-skin this trash?

Global Posts
    527 Global Posts

While my update went ok and was successful, the first time I re-booted my Flyer I got all kinds of error messages and had widgets crashing, no wallpaper, etc. I did a hard re-set and that seems to have cleared all my issues. Just putting this out there in the hope it may help someone.

I don't get that far, can get to the bootloader and select reset to factory default. Nothing happens after the green recycle arrows, crashes. Very disappointed.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by badcat View Post
    While my update went ok and was successful, the first time I re-booted my Flyer I got all kinds of error messages and had widgets crashing, no wallpaper, etc. I did a hard re-set and that seems to have cleared all my issues. Just putting this out there in the hope it may help someone.
    When I rebooted, I had a wallpaper and that's it - no soft buttons, no widgets, no error messages, no other semblance of any sort of UI other than the default HC wallpaper. Was able to get into bootloader and factory reset, but that didn't change anything.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast