HTC Flyer Pen Issues

fsv57

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been having issues with their Tablet Pen? I replaced my battery after 7 months of usage and now the pen works on and off. Sometimes it will also think the pen is touching the screen when it really is 1/8 of an inch away from the screen. I have called Best Buy and HTC and they have told me that they don't warranty accessories only the devices. I'm hoping to find a way to fix the pen because I use it everyday and don't feel like spending another $60 to replace it.

Last edited:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The pen is a great feature and also a concern, I likely will get two of them just to have the spare around. I don't see me replacing my brand new tablet for a long time, its the right size, memory and overall functionality.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I had problems with my pen and thought it was the battery but I put a new one in and still had problems. What I found was that the cap that holds the battery in wasn't making a good contact with the tube so no juice was getting to the pen. I made sure it was clean and got it as tight as I could and it started working again.

badfelafel

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your tip @Nicksgarage... I was very upset when the stylus became too sensitive.

I opened the cap, simply rubbed each end of the battery, checked for dirt on the spring, blew in to try to clean the other contact, and then fastened it very tight. Result: instant cure.

Ersatz Pinchbeck

Jan 22, 2019
Visit site
OK, this is eight-and-a-half years later in this reply :) Guess who is STILL using their Flyer? Me. Anyway, in case anyone is still ever searching for the pen issue, BADFELAFEL's answer proved right-on. I had even disassembled the pen, really scarring it up in the process, and gently cleaned everything, put it back together - didn't work. Tried new batteries from 2 different mfgs., - didn't work, etc., etc. THEN, I tried BADFELAFEL's simple solution, using a brass wire brush from Harbor Freight, and just cleaned the battery terminals, and the pen's battery cap, blew it out and : instant cure for me too. Just sayin'...