excessive unuseable space on the homescreens

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone else annoyed by this? The top and bottom of the screens being forcibly bare just seems silly to me. Why do that?

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
If you were able to fill the screen up in portrait or landscape mode, how would you expect it to act when you rotate the screen? They'd have to rearrange all the icons and widgets to get them to fit.

anesthetish

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why they changed so much of the GUI. There was nothing wrong with the way my layouts, clock, or icons looked on portrait or landscape. I'm glad they updated the security, but everything else they did is terrible. It looks cheap, uninteresting, and not made for quick app jumps when you're not on the home screen.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
It seemed to work in gingerbread...

I updated my View to HC soon after I got it so I didn't spend a lot of time with Gingerbread. But while it looked like it used more of the space when in landscape, it just showed you a piece of the homescreens to the left and right of where you were. It still only used a smaller portion for the active screen, plus you couldn't get many icons on there. I think it was 4 high by 4 wide for 16 icons. Now you can get 30 on a screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non