Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Paradigm 2.x

Default App Scribe/Pen functionality in HC.

So now that HC is officially released I am wondering what apps take advantage of the scribe technology.

We know the pen now works throughout the OS and therefore works as a finger would, (but of course more accurately) so no news there.

What I'm after are apps that specifically support the pressure sensitivity and/or the buttons of the hardware.

I will post them at the top post here as I learn of them.

Apps that support Scribe hardware:

• Quill. The fountain pen brush supports pressure sensitivity.
    • SketchBook Pro. The pencil brush (maybe others?) supports pressure sensitivity when this function is enabled in Prefs.
    Last edited by sunriseshell; 04-23-2012 at 10:45 AM.
    Thanked by:
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Paradigm 2.x

Default Re: App Scribe/Pen functionality in HC.

I have used SketchBookX which is awesome with the pen, MUCH better than with just a capacitive stylus. However I have not found a brush or setting that takes advantage of the pressure sensitivity of the Scribe pen.
    Maybe there is a setting that does take advantage of pressure sensitivity, or maybe the full version?

Maybe one or more of the Adobe Touch products will be released for the Flyer/View AND have advanced pen functionality? (I can dream, can't I)

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

Graffiti works!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Paradigm 2.x

Confirmed, SketchBook Pro does support the pen's pressure sensitivity.

Click on the little circle to get to the GUI menu--> click on the "i"--> Prefs--> check "Enable Pen Pressure"

So far I have noticed that the pencil brush supports this function. I will test further to see if there are more brushes and if the buttons do anything.