Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery Life

Does anybody else not like the fact that battery life is only up to 4 hours video playback?

Global Posts
    1,446 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes weekly!

4 hrs of video playback is quite good. What movie lasts over that? For doing everything else i'm sure this will get great battery life.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Doesn't the Tab get like 6 hours video playback, and the Xoom like 10? I just think this tablet would have been perfect it it just increased its battery life more.

Global Posts
    1,446 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes weekly!

Yeah no doubt more is always better, but again no movies are 4 hours or longer. Most will not be watching back to back without having a charger with them. It also is to be seen if we can interchange these batteries. Since the rear plate does come off.

Global Posts
    1,823 Global Posts

I missed that spec.I have read every article on the flyer and I have only seen the 4 hour thing mentioned in comments but no hard facts. Please post a link because thats pretty weak performance.

The tab actually gets more like 8 hours of video playback. I watched 3 full length movies on a flight back from London.

Global Posts
    1,446 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes weekly!

Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I missed that spec.I have read every article on the flyer and I have only seen the 4 hour thing mentioned in comments but no hard facts. Please post a link because thats pretty weak performance.

The tab actually gets more like 8 hours of video playback. I watched 3 full length movies on a flight back from London.
    Did you do any research? It was in just about every article from numerous sites. But both the Galaxy Tab and the Flyer have a 4000mAh battery.

HTC - Products - HTC FLYER - Specification
    Last edited by splmonster; 02-15-2011 at 11:01 PM.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

anyone can get skype install?

Yeah downloaded Skype via market took some time but got it...
    The first on Androidcentral to own a HTC Flyer

Quote Originally Posted by Mxh 5891 View Post
    Does anybody else not like the fact that battery life is only up to 4 hours video playback?
    I had my flyer playing back HD video for over 7 hours today at my desk. Headphones were connected and brightness was set to little bit more than half way.

I had wifi turned off...

I am very happy with my Flyer. It fits perfectly in a suit jacket pocket, the screen is great looking and the installed polaris office viewer is the best powerpoint viewer I have used..

Walkamo

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

I'm quite impressed with my battery life. I was at 30% last night and that was 34 hours since my first charge. Now granted 16 hours of that time it was just sitting there but, that's pretty good to me. This was mainly web browsing, you tube, and installing some apps.