Is the HTC Flyer DOA???

Wenjaman

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
How does a potential 10.1" tablet from HTC make the Flyer DOA? Does this guy even know what DOA means?

They're geared at different market segments. It'll be fine.

oldpueblo

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Bigger is not better with tablets, its just different. In fact I see two solid lines of tablets, mobile ones (7") and coffee table ones (10").

PSYCHOTRON_CB

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Bigger is not better with tablets, its just different. In fact I see two solid lines of tablets, mobile ones (7") and coffee table ones (10").

Yea i agree the 10" to me is the one to keep for around the house type stuff. 7" tabs fit in your pocket. But if a 7" could replace my cell and make calls etc... I could eliminate a gadget hehe.

vjr021

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
They haven't SOLD one million yet, all that means is that the vendors have ordered one million. All in all, it is still saying that it will be a success.

I suppose the GT price will drop soon. That explains all the commercials I have seen.

oldpueblo

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Yea i agree the 10" to me is the one to keep for around the house type stuff. 7" tabs fit in your pocket. But if a 7" could replace my cell and make calls etc... I could eliminate a gadget hehe.

I curse Verizon every day that I have to still carry around my cell phone. :(

LowFire

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Agreed, if this were a 10", I would not be looking to buy it this month. I want a 7" that I can carry around easily, since I travel so much. This is the tablet that pulled me away from the Playbook....that and the fact that I am tired of waiting on RIM

shingi_70

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if its DOa but if someone asked me what tablet to get on sprint id say get the playbook, touchpad, or buy a wifi xoom

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
This new HTC tablet doesn't kill the flyer. Odds are, the HTC tablet will be similiar to every other honeycomb tablet. If the like of the xoom, the tab 10.1, the lg gslate, etc haven't pulled you to them over the flyer, this HTC tablet probably won't either.

what about the fact that it's single core? they say that quad core tablet are going to be out by the summer time...

Very late summer. August at best.

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
what about the fact that it's single core? they say that quad core tablet are going to be out by the summer time...

They will come out later this year. But mainly prototypes and such, I think. I would not be surprised that next spring we will see a bunch of quad core tablets.