Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    TxGoatHead's Avatar

    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Hoping Wifi only will be available in US.

    I'm hoping this will be available in the wifi only version in the US. I already have Sprint, but I would rather tether to my EVO 4g than pay for another line of service.
  2. #2  
    LowFire's Avatar

    Posts
    181 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    Stock
  3. #3  
    Jowlah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,031 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    TouchWiz/Android 5.0.1

    Default

    Here is my question. Does HTC plan to release this tablet, or any variant of it, on any othe U.S. carrier? I would love a version of it on Verizon. WiFi only, please.
  4. #4  
    VDub2174's Avatar

    Posts
    4,781 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,775 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jowlah View Post
    Here is my question. Does HTC plan to release this tablet, or any variant of it, on any othe U.S. carrier? I would love a version of it on Verizon. WiFi only, please.
    From what I've read, the closest thing to this would be the HTC EVO View 4G. It's set to release on Sprint and have 4G capabilities. If I may ask (not trying to sound like a jerk), why would you want it on a carrier if you're gonna use it for Wifi only?
  5. #5  
    Jowlah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,031 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    TouchWiz/Android 5.0.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VDub2174 View Post
    From what I've read, the closest thing to this would be the HTC EVO View 4G. It's set to release on Sprint and have 4G capabilities. If I may ask (not trying to sound like a jerk), why would you want it on a carrier if you're gonna use it for Wifi only?
    I don't think you're trying to sound like a jerk. That is a good question. T-Mobile isn't selling a WiFi only version of the tablet that I know of. My thinking is that maybe Verizon may do so. I am already on Verizon, so maybe they'd throw their customers a bone (theoretically) an offer some savings.
  6. #6  
    VDub2174's Avatar

    Posts
    4,781 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,775 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jowlah View Post
    I don't think you're trying to sound like a jerk. That is a good question. T-Mobile isn't selling a WiFi only version of the tablet that I know of. My thinking is that maybe Verizon may do so. I am already on Verizon, so maybe they'd throw their customers a bone (theoretically) an offer some savings.
    Oh ok, so you're hoping for a Verizon branded Wifi version that they will hopefully sell at discount?

    Sometimes when I write things it sounds jerky and I don't mean it to be
  7. #7  
    Jowlah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,031 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    TouchWiz/Android 5.0.1

    Default

    No problem, VDub. Yes. That's it. Knowing Verizon, they would brand it the "DROID Flyer" or whatever the name would eventually be. You know they would spend millions of bucks in advertising to stick "DROID" branding on a tablet, at the same time sticking it to Apple, even though Big Red is selling the iPad 2.
  8. #8  
    marcjac's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posting Permissions

";