1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default 1.5 ghz vrs 1ghz dual core

Hi guys, I'm really thinking about a flyer, love the 7inch screen, easy to carry. I'm just wondering over the long term, say two years from now, will the 1.5 ghz processor be overworked by the apps being released as well as honeycomb when it gets the update. Should I resist and get a dual core tablet

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    ROM
    Virtuous Unity

If you think about it, for now 1.5 GHz may seem a good option but later on(actually now) poeple can easily overclock their dual-core tablets up to 1.2 GHz, later probably up 1.6 GHz... i probably would just get a dual core tablet right now unless you really love HTC sense.

HTC Inspire 4g(rooted/ s-off)
    Rom: some sort of cooked stock rom
    Set Cpu: 1.66 GHz(see even a phone can handle those speeds)

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Change too often.

It seems to me that it really depends on what you plan on using the tablet to do. Like everyone else I often get caught up in the specs and forget what I actually need to do with something. I'm not a big game player on my phone...at least not graphics intensive ones anyway. I like the the quick, casual games that often are pretty basic. If you are a big game player it might suit you to go for a Tegra based tablet. The Flyer appears to do everything I need it to and more since it has the 'pen' based input.

As for two years from now I'd probably (make that will) be getting a new one anyway. For the time being the Flyer will allow me to surf, look at pics/video, and be a great organizer. Just think about what you actually plan on doing with the thing. Just my 2 cents.

Edit: The other consideration is that it is shipping without Honeycomb. Well, Froyo does what I need it to do...if/when it gets an update...great.
    Semper Fi; Go Bears; Go Gators

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nursescott View Post
    It seems to me that it really depends on what you plan on using the tablet to do. Like everyone else I often get caught up in the specs and forget what I actually need to do with something. I'm not a big game player on my phone...at least not graphics intensive ones anyway. I like the the quick, casual games that often are pretty basic. If you are a big game player it might suit you to go for a Tegra based tablet. The Flyer appears to do everything I need it to and more since it has the 'pen' based input.
    I agree - I look at what I will use the device for an in the majority of cases most of the current specs will handle my needs fine. I always look at my needs first then specs come after. I don't put much thought into specs because most of the devices on the market can do more then what I need currently.

My Galaxy Tab doesn't have the latest and greatest specs, but honestly; I love it. For my needs its more then enough and I consider it very fast/snappy.