1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Default Things I hate about my HTC Flyer

The only thing I hate about my flyer is the camera quality. I mean for the price I am sadden. This is worse then alot of cell phone cameras.

ROM
    Stock

What is so bad about it? I mean there is no flash right, so inside pictures are going to be terrible anyway without ample lighting?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Tons of noise. Probably from running at a high ISO. With a tablet that should opt for a larger CCD sensor, they have the room.

Quote Originally Posted by LowFire View Post
    What is so bad about it? I mean there is no flash right, so inside pictures are going to be terrible anyway without ample lighting?
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Stock

I am just curious as to what to expect, thanks!

I don't even need the rear camera its more of a novelty. Just a check the block for a stat

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts

Have you tried any other camera apps? I think the camera is ok considering It's on a tablet and won't be my primary.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

I probably won't ever use the camera but there are a few other major annoyances for me on an otherwise great tablet. I don't like the scrolling. If feels like a Mac mouse where it is hard to get it going - it is an acceleration setting. I also cant stand the soft buttons on the bottom in landscape mode - a really stupid idea. When typing I keep bumping the buttons when I try to hit the space bar. As a side note the Apple bluetooth keyboard works well other that the cursor keys and the fact that you have to be super fast entering in the security code when pairing.

ROM
    Stock, CM7

First, I agree, the camera sucks. It's surprisingly bad, especially compared to the amazing camera on the Xoom.

But I have a modest camera on my phone (G2), so I'll just use that for taking pictures. Or hell, maybe I'll even use a real, dedicated, actual compact camera that just takes pictures (crazy, I know).

Quote Originally Posted by John566 View Post
    I probably won't ever use the camera but there are a few other major annoyances for me on an otherwise great tablet. I don't like the scrolling. If feels like a Mac mouse where it is hard to get it going - it is an acceleration setting. I also cant stand the soft buttons on the bottom in landscape mode - a really stupid idea. When typing I keep bumping the buttons when I try to hit the space bar. As a side note the Apple bluetooth keyboard works well other that the cursor keys and the fact that you have to be super fast entering in the security code when pairing.
    Have you tried Thumb Keyboard on Android Market? I find it a lot easier to type with my thumbs than setting the tablet down and pretending it's a real keyboard.

I have been using it for a few days and I think its a software problem. Right before the picture is taken it blurs
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

I have found it takes a better picture with the plastic protector off. I then cleaned the plastic and that helped alot with the blurring.

It is still poor camera thou.