Various apps -- like Google Voice and Mint.com -- missing on Market

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Not sure about Mint.com, but I think Google Voice is purposely missing because the Flyer doesn't have a voice stack -- so Google decided that we don't even need to have the option of installing Google Voice, even though many of us use it strictly for SMS.

I think someone here on the forum had success sideloading the .apk, which they copied off of their phone via SD card.

Reactions: bouncing

bouncing

Feb 28, 2011
kenkinder.com
Yeah, I was able to install both fine by backing up the apk's from my phone and copying them over. Google Voice prompts you for what number the device has upon install, but if you say it's your cell phone, it works fine.

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone noticed this on the Flyer?

This isn't just specific to the Flyer. The Galaxy Tab (wifi only version) is the same. You can "sideload" the apps by downloading the apk's and allowing the device to install non-market apps. I've done this and it works fine. Its not as clean/simple as I'd like but its not a deal breaker for me. I'm use to this from my Galaxy Tab.

Reactions: bouncing

waynew73

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I also found this issue with Google Voice. I don't think its just Flyer. I bet it's something between the fact its 2.3 and new product, just released that they need to update it. Like the oher user said, I do need this to access read voicemail and to be able to see the sms. For now, I use the non-mobile version of the web gooogle voice page and I get alerts for new sms and voicemails sent to my gmail email via the Google voice setup. I did have Google voice working on my Tab without any sideloading/hacking. It was a straight download from the market.

I also found Boingo not showing. I emailed Boingo and waiting on a response.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk

Major

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Wi-fi Xoom does not have the Google Voice app available to it via the Market, but you can bookmark the GV page on your browser and it works fine. I was using it for SMS, but I starting using SyncSMS and I liked it better, so I all but forgot about GV.

solar

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the tablet version of Touchdown not showing either even though touchdown support says they have a tablet version available. I've noticed a few games don't show either. I might try the .apk backup/install for a few.I think I can use titanium to create an .apk.....

bouncing

Feb 28, 2011
kenkinder.com
I noticed the tablet version of Touchdown not showing either even though touchdown support says they have a tablet version available. I've noticed a few games don't show either. I might try the .apk backup/install for a few.I think I can use titanium to create an .apk.....

It's probably just for honeycomb.

waynew73

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Try downloading apps from Amazon app store if you can't find it in Market. I couldn't find Boingo in Android Market when I looked for Boingo (although I have it on my Tab), but found it in amazon app store.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk

manhattanmarg

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I think you'll have to use the regular version of Touchdown, since the tablet version is only for tablets with Honeycomb, and Flyer doesn't have it (yet).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey