Leather RocketFish folio cases available. $50. No place to stow pen.

bouncing

Feb 28, 2011
kenkinder.com
I guess RocketFish decided that since Flyer users are used to getting the shaft on pricing and the pen, they would do the same. I got mine at Best Buy, but they hadn't displayed them yet. They were in a box behind the cell phone counter.

IMG_20110525_191830.jpg

Reactions: hummingbirdhill

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for this info, bouncing! What colour leather? What kind of leather? What kind of innards? How do they fasten, or do they?

Can't wait to get to BB to see them. I want the folio style. :)

adamm44

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for posting this! Hopefully others will post some other options for cases. This style looks nice. Will this case act as a stand also?

bouncing

Feb 28, 2011
kenkinder.com
No problem. :)The case does have a stand, in that a little flap on the back will combine with the cover to make a sort-of stand. It's a little more upright than I'd prefer, and it feels a little weak, but it would work for putting on your nightstand to watch a movie with. Here's how it looks:

IMG_20110525_195331.jpg

The leather is a mystery. It feels pretty premium, about like a wallet. It's black leather. The interior is some suede or microfiber-like velvety stuff. Feels good too. Oh, one other thing: it closes using magnets.

In terms of usability (this after just a minute or two), the only drawbacks besides the questionable stand are: (1) It's hard to find a useful typing position, because there flap/cover gets in the way. (2) The tablet rests where the front-facing camera is almost covered. If you move the leather down or the tablet toward the wall of the case, it can obscure the image.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all of this, bouncing! I have wondered about a keyboarding position with a folio case . . . so I'll be especially aware of that when I go shoppin'. :)

bouncing

Feb 28, 2011
kenkinder.com
Hmmm. I don't have that kind of smudging but I did have a little spot like that and some Windex took it right off. You should avoid using petroleum-based cleaners like Windex on plastic, but since the screen is glass, I figure a little won't hurt.

Definitely something to watch for. It's probably left over stain from the leather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa