1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question SD card storage question

Hi - I had a 16G SD card installed yesterday on my flyer - today, I'm trying to move stuff onto it - specifically Evernote, and I keep getting the error message that there is insufficient sdcard space; when I look at my sdcard storage in settings, it says that I have 14+GB on there - ETA the Evernote amount right now is 9MB, so there's something fishy, yes?

can anyone help this n00b out, or should I talk to the Evernote people, or should I go back to Best Buy and let them figure it out?

The Flyer is so new that even the Geek Squad at one of my local BB's wasn't familiar with it ...

thanks so much for your input!

Same issue here on Moto Atrix. I have nearly 27 Gig available on my SD card, but keep getting the insufficient space on sd card error. Anyone out there have any idea why this is happening? I saw something about 100MB limit, but I have well over that amount of space available. Is there some sort of partition being built on the card and there is not enough space allocated?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

found out thru many e-mails back and forth with HTC e-mail support guy -- it was the MUSIC - I had copied all my music files twice - almost brought me to tears, but my husband was laughing at me the whole time ;-(

In my case, it is not the music. I have music on the sd card, but I still have nearly 19gig of available space on my card. Yet, I still get the error that I have insufficient sd card space. Going to try deleting and re-installing the app to see if this resolves the issue. Something is amiss here.

Quote Originally Posted by cclakeman View Post
    In my case, it is not the music. I have music on the sd card, but I still have nearly 19gig of available space on my card. Yet, I still get the error that I have insufficient sd card space. Going to try deleting and re-installing the app to see if this resolves the issue. Something is amiss here.
    Download a file manager like the free app, OI File Manager, and it may help you identify your issue. The app identifies the internal storage as "SD Card" and the micro sd card as SD Card2 or ext_sd, depending on where you look in the app. If you go to Settings/Storage on the Flyer, the "SD Card" in OI is the same as tablet storage and SD Card2 or ext_sd in OI compares to SD Card. I know it sounds a bit confusing, but this structure may be your issue. As a check, look at your available space under tablet storage on the Flyer and if it is almost full, you have identified you issue. Hope it helps.
    IT Service Professional - I Just Need A Device To Be Productive