1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Touch Input- Trace stops working?

Weird. I changed the settings on the Touch Input keyboard- to use the TRACE function. It was awesome. Now it stopped working, but the box is still checked. I can't get it to work again! Am I missing something? No way to change modes while on the keyboard. This is what I've tried:

Unchecking and rechecking the box for Trace.
    Going to Applications - Touch Input - Force Closing
    same, then Clearing Data
    Reset the flyer

Nothing will work! I want my trace back!! I like Touch Input better than FlexT9

In what contexts are you trying to use Trace? I've noticed that on mine, Trace curiously only works in certain contexts. For example, it works while I'm entering text into the reply form here on Android Central Forums, but it does not work when I'm entering text into the search bar of the Google Search app.

Mine doesn't work as well, in any context.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

yapkuen, i believe you are correct. The tracing will work in some apps, and not in others. I noticed right away that you can't use it with search. I am working from memory, so I can't recall where else it wouldn't work, but once you are used to it and you start to trace... it's infuriating when it doesn't work!!

At least now I will be more aware of when and where it works. keep me from throwing my flyer. Hey! Maybe that's why they call it "the flyer"

ROM
    Stock, CM7

This is actually the same thing Swype does: if you're in a textbox where the system expects words, tracing works. If you're in a textbox that isn't necessarily limited to words, it does not.

The only tracing keyboard I've found that works with tracing everywhere is Ultra Keyboard, which while quite good, is also abandoned by the developer as far as I can tell.