1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Flyer won't power up

I placed the device on its charger last night, and the green light was on, indicating a full charge. But I can't power up the device regardless of what I do.

And last night, I attempted to download a few apps from the market. Each time, it indicated an in-process download, but quit within seconds, and the apps didn't show up on the device.

Any ideas? I'll probably return it and get an Iconia instead. I like the smaller form factor, though, and have even thought of getting another Galaxy Tab or waiting for the release of the 8.9" model.

Quote Originally Posted by djrakowski View Post
    I placed the device on its charger last night, and the green light was on, indicating a full charge. But I can't power up the device regardless of what I do.

And last night, I attempted to download a few apps from the market. Each time, it indicated an in-process download, but quit within seconds, and the apps didn't show up on the device.

Any ideas? I'll probably return it and get an Iconia instead. I like the smaller form factor, though, and have even thought of getting another Galaxy Tab or waiting for the release of the 8.9" model.
    Try HTC Support. Open 6:00 am- 1:00 am EDT 7 days a week. 866-449-8358. My guees is that they will have you pull the battery. Let us know.
    IT Service Professional - I Just Need A Device To Be Productive

Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds.
    I had the same issue, and called HTC support. The guy told me that the power off is akin to hibernating on a PC, and suggested a restart at least once a week will help keep the device 'stable'. Restart is the equivalent of powering down and pulling the battery in other Android devices and then powering up again.
    Last edited by caledonian; 06-15-2011 at 04:52 PM. Reason: added more info

Try booting into recovery and doing a factory reset:

Hold the Volume Down button
    Press the Power button until the device turns on
    Select Factory Reset by pressing the Volume Down button
    Press and release the Power button

Unhappy Re: Flyer won't power up

Wobblin30

Try booting into recovery and doing a factory reset:

Hold the Volume Down button
    Press the Power button until the device turns on
    Select Factory Reset by pressing the Volume Down button
    Press and release the Power button

I have tried this it doesnt power on but it does have a quick short red light flashing once then does nothing any other ideas as to what I can try to get my HTC Flyer working again ?