Can't download apps from Android Market

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having this problem today? Tried to download new apps and a few updates, and none of them would download. I just get a "download unsuccessful" message. I've tried it on several different WiFi connections, so it's not that, and I can download apps just fine on my Droid Incredible, so it's apparently not an Android Market problem. I can also download and install with no problems from Amazon app store. Did a reboot of my Flyer, and that didn't solve the problem either.

kitster

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Apparently the Android market - both online and on device - was having serious problems yesterday (according to some Android web sites). I had no problem yesterday, but do know some who did. Give it a couple of hours and try it again. See if that helps.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Apparently the Android market - both online and on device - was having serious problems yesterday (according to some Android web sites). I had no problem yesterday, but do know some who did. Give it a couple of hours and try it again. See if that helps.

Hmm, I'm still out of commission. Tried to do a factory reset to fix, but discovered that my tablet freezes up before anything resets and I actually have to force close the factory reset process=-O

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Ugh, still locked out. I'm tempted to just switch entirely to Amazon App Store, except i can't update or re-download any of my paid apps that I got through Android Market.

LowFire

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm finding a lot of apps I can't install because of the country I am in. Luckily all of those apps i can get to on my phone, download, use Astro to back up, put into Dropbox, then run from there. Sort of convoluted, but it works! :)

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, I finally managed to get around my phone's apparent reluctance to factory reset (by doing it through Hboot instead), and it seems my downloading abilities are back. Makes me wonder what exactly went wrong on my Flyer that made Market cease to allow me to download apps, but I guess I'll never know... unless it happens again.

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, I finally managed to get around my phone's apparent reluctance to factory reset (by doing it through Hboot instead), and it seems my downloading abilities are back. Makes me wonder what exactly went wrong on my Flyer that made Market cease to allow me to download apps, but I guess I'll never know... unless it happens again.

What is H Boot?

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Same problem for me. I tried the volume button like you said above, but it doesn't work. Any help?

I had trouble getting the volume down button thing to work for awhile too, but basically you need to hold down the button, press power, and keep holding down the volume down button (even after you release power) until it boots into hboot.

Reactions: delthor7

delthor7

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. I tried it again: powered off, held down volume down button, pressed & released power (still holding vol down), then it quickly goes right to the usual home screen. Can I pull the battery or something?

delthor7

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I ended up checking youtube and saw how someone reset the Evo. I held down the volume down button, and then the power button together (took at least 10 seconds!) then released both when I saw the hboot screen come on. I was able to hard reset it from the menu there. I can now download/update from the Market again. Thanks so much for the input. Hope it helps anyone else having problems.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
delthor, has this issue recurred for you? Mine is having the same problem again. Having to factory reset my device every month is unacceptable.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Quick update to this, for delthor or anyone else who previously suffered the same problem: I took my Flyer into Geek Squad and told them what was up. They spent an hour fiddling with it and eventually told me that the combination of the repeated Market problems, coupled with the inability to factory reset through the settings menu suggested some corruption of the software installation, and they gave me a brand new replacement unit.

Reactions: delthor7

ffastffrank

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I cannot update or load new apps from the Market. I have tried a whole series of suggestions, but still no luck.

I would like to see HTC directly respond to this issue. It is an expensive tablet and we deserve better. I don't want to do a hard reset and loose all my setup.

HELP HTC!!!!!!

vangry

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I have the same problem than you: since two or three days my Flyer doesn't want to download anything from the AndroidMarket ( it seams to start downloading but instant stops without any error message... But no new app downloaded).

:confused: Hope... Before hard reset ! :'(

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I have the same problem than you: since two or three days my Flyer doesn't want to download anything from the AndroidMarket ( it seams to start downloading but instant stops without any error message... But no new app downloaded).

:confused: Hope... Before hard reset ! :'(

Bummer to hear that, vangry. If you're in the US and got yours from a Best Buy, I'd definitely recommend taking it in to Geek Squad. Even if all that happens is that they hard reset it on the spot for you, at least there'll be a record of you having brought it in, so that if the problem keeps coming back, you can justify having them send it in for a replacement under the manufacturer's warranty.

Codeworks

May 17, 2010
Visit site
+1 to the issue...

I could not do the reset through the menu, so I had to force the button combination reset... Then all was well... Apps were downloading, I was happy.

Then, a few hours later I tried downloading more apps and had the same issue. Very frustrating. From a selfish stand, I am happy that others are having the exact same issue. The problem, however, is that by looking at the stock levels on Bestbuy.com, I seem to have gotten the last one in Milwaukee!

From the looks of the issue, I will need to exchange at some point. No one has had any luck with this issue just clearing up on its own?

Thanks.

sweeneyte

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem on my Flyer and I found lots of Android forums discussing it. It's widespread - many different manufacturers and devices - and it's been going on for a long time. It's a known problem and Google is supposed to be working on it.

It appears to be a problem with the gmail account associated with the Market. If you configure more than one gmail account for your Google app(s) - e.g., Gmail, Talk - the Market can switch to the wrong one and then fail to download. There isn't a straight-forward way to correct this. Some folks found that if they purged all the cache and app data from the Market, Download Manager, and the various other Google apps their device would prompt them to enter their Gmail account and the Market would start working again. It worked for some but not others. I tried some of those solutions on my Flyer and none of them worked for me. I had to reset using the volume down / power button method since Factory Data Reset in Settings-Storage didn't work.

There's an updated Market app - check out some of the comments. Folks want to know if it corrects this problem.

http://www.androidcentral.com/new-android-market-pushing-out-few-new-settings

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar