Found out something about the pen...

rumur#AC

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I knew that if you turn the pen upside down that it could be used as a stylus so I got curious...
I grabbed my Samsung Captivate and tried the same thing...it worked.

miakotamatsue

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I knew that if you turn the pen upside down that it could be used as a stylus so I got curious...
I grabbed my Samsung Captivate and tried the same thing...it worked.
That's not a good idea to flip around to use as a stylus because the other end is metal and metal on glass will scratch it. The writing end of the HTC Pen is plastic.

swixtwix

May 25, 2011
Visit site
That's not a good idea to flip around to use as a stylus because the other end is metal and metal on glass will scratch it. The writing end of the HTC Pen is plastic.
There are a lot of apps which don't recognize the pen... So there are compelling reasons to have a capacitive stylus.

Get a screen protector... Stretch capacitve rubber over the end... Stick a piece of invisible shield / bodyguards / skinomi onto the end...

I'm fine with my fingertips. Still hoping for more pen-enabled apps, though.

swixtwix

May 25, 2011
Visit site
LOL...you know it...I hate the stylus memories too

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Yep... I have to agree with nightmares of tapping the scrollbar.

But there is definitely a place for the stylus in a tablet world. Taking notes on a tablet just seems intuitive to me. I struggled without a stylus, then the "feeling" of a soft rubber tip, and finally it was the accuracy which killed the vision... Until a tablet with an integrated digitizer. Brilliant... Not perfect, but evolution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance