Case score

kat3k

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Damn, that one's pretty sweet too!
Thanks. It fits like a glove. I might get a white one also. I think I've looked at every case possibility out there (present and future). I've done that with cell phones over the years, and think I've learned some lessons.

ram3

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much any of the 1st gen Nook cases fit almost perfectly. They've been on sale at B&N, and are relatively inexpensive at BestBuy. I purchased this one, which has a pen loop, and works very well. I did cut 2 stitches in the elastic 'loop' that goes over the power button to keep it from keeping the button pressed. Didn't cut it off, just loosened it, and am very happy with the result.

M-Edge Accessories - Executive Jacket for nook - Black - BN1_EP1_GL_B

arwen_in_nj

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

atlantanorth

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I just received my new case for my flyer from an ebay seller - you can see it at:

360 Rotation Stand Case Cover For 7" HTC Flyer Tablet - eBay (item 230640824334 end time Jul-29-11 03:07:54 PDT)

The pictures on ebay are acurate. It fit the flyer exactly and feels good in the hand - more compact than the targus case I used before. It ships from China and may take a few weeks to arrive - but it was worth the wait. All buttons are now accessible easily and it has cut outs for rear camera and headphone jack. The included screen protector was easy to install and fits the flyer exactly. It comes in black or white leather. I was concerned the elastic pen holder would not work right but it is a tight fit - pen does not slip around. It was a LOT less expensive than most cases out there that supposedly fit the flyer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Choco-Latte2000

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I just received my new case for my flyer from an ebay seller - you can see it at:

360 Rotation Stand Case Cover For 7" HTC Flyer Tablet - eBay (item 230640824334 end time Jul-29-11 03:07:54 PDT)

The pictures on ebay are acurate. It fit the flyer exactly and feels good in the hand - more compact than the targus case I used before. It ships from China and may take a few weeks to arrive - but it was worth the wait. All buttons are now accessible easily and it has cut outs for rear camera and headphone jack. The included screen protector was easy to install and fits the flyer exactly. It comes in black or white leather. I was concerned the elastic pen holder would not work right but it is a tight fit - pen does not slip around. It was a LOT less expensive than most cases out there that supposedly fit the flyer.

I ordered exact same case from the same vendor on eBay 2 days ago. So does hinge add much thickness? And does it seem durable?

Thanks

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk

swixtwix

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Sena also makes an ultraslim leather sleeve for the Flyer with a pen holder. Italian leather with a velvet interior and super form fitting.

Sena Cases - Designer Leather Cases : Flyer Leather Cases UltraSlim for HTC

I have one for my iPad and originally bought the Galaxy version for my Flyer which was a little small and no pen loop. Just received the Flye version, but only did a test fit since I'm really liking the Melkco case.

atlantanorth

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I ordered exact same case from the same vendor on eBay 2 days ago. So does hinge add much thickness? And does it seem durable?

Thanks

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk
I am not sure what you are asking about a hinge - but it seems very durable and a lot slimmer than my targus case was - so far construction appears solid and good in the hand.

Last edited:

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure what you are asking about a hinge - but it seems very durable and a lot slimmer than my targus case was - so far construction appears solid and good in the hand.

I was asking about the pivot point. The thing that allows the tablet to rotate from landscape to portrait while still in the case. Looks like a hinge to me.

But I think you answered my question. Can't wait for mine to arrive.

Thanks

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

atlantanorth

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I was asking about the pivot point. The thing that allows the tablet to rotate from landscape to portrait while still in the case. Looks like a hinge to me.

But I think you answered my question. Can't wait for mine to arrive.

Thanks

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
AAhhh - it is thinner than I thought it would be but it does add a little thickness. I like that you can rotate it when necessary and still have it stand. I think you will be happy with it.

marksr#AC

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Did you get your case off ebay like mine - wondered how you were liking it? I still love mine

Just got mine for my Evo View from HTC Flyer > Black Leather 360 Rotating Case w/ Pen Holder - Multi Angle

Keep in mind- for those of you to whom it matters, it is SYNTHETIC leather- but looks and feels great- so just tell people you're a vegan and bite the bullet. (Not to question anyone's integrity, but I'd like to check out the quality of the "genuine" leather cases selling for less than 20 bucks.....hmmmmm :) )
Gotta give props to the vendor who clearly emphasizes the word synthetic in the description.
I certainly appreciate the value of leather, but I also appreciate a quality synthetic ptroduct for under 20 bucks.
Beautiful design, feels sturdy and simplisitc-
All the openings where they should be- feels protective, not bulky at all-
And- from the XDA THREAD :

Coupon Code: flyoopon 15% off thru September- I can't vouch for the "thru September" part, I only read it in the thread- but I used the coupon and it worked.
Used their cheapest USPS rate for shipping $2.39
Total $20.23 with discount and shipping- no tax charged- :)

Ordered it late Wednesday night- got an email Thursday that it was being shipped- showed up in my mailbox today, Monday.

Mark

Reactions: pyro916

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol