Damage Control: From 2.08 to 2.09?

verngator

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm running Damage Control 2.08 (not 2.08.1) and am very, very happy with my Hero.

Sprint released their 2.1 update and my understanding is that the good folks at Damageless have based their latest 2.09 on Sprint's new 2.1, adding their own tweaks.

Even after reading the changelog, I'm waivering over whether it will be worth my time to wipe and upgrade again.

Has anyone else gone 2.08/2.08.1 to the new 2.09? What is your experience with 2.09? Was it worth the time and effort? Did you notice any difference in performance?

Thanks in advance....

Davec1234

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The update was broken and pulled off the server until they can fix it.
I highly doubt anyone has it running correctly at this point.

Maybe the version on Treve's phone he's selling on ebay works?
Don't know if you followed the thread over there but there's some entertaining reading.
The most fun is what it took to break 3 weeks of silence from the devs.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Best bet is to find one rom you like and stick with it. Restoring your phone for a minor update doesn't make a lot of sense. Damage releases roms a little too fast and too often for my taste. I like flipz's roms on my Hero.

Davec1234

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Best bet is to find one rom you like and stick with it. Restoring your phone for a minor update doesn't make a lot of sense. Damage releases roms a little too fast and too often for my taste. I like flipz's roms on my Hero.

Fresh was the first ROM I flashed and I will probably go back to Fresh once Kitchen supports 2.1.

verngator

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
The update was broken and pulled off the server until they can fix it.
I highly doubt anyone has it running correctly at this point.

Maybe the version on Treve's phone he's selling on ebay works?
Don't know if you followed the thread over there but there's some entertaining reading.
The most fun is what it took to break 3 weeks of silence from the devs.

Yeah, I went to take a look again and found the drama. So I guess I'll wait awhile before I do anything.

Checked out an Evo yesterday but not sure I will bite - it's beautiful, but (like an iPhone) form factor too large for my taste. Maybe I will change my mind when 4G comes to our area this summer, but for now my Hero is perfect.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
My phone currently says 2.09 (downloaded before the 404) and it works. I have root apps (AdFree, CacheMate, TA Cache to SDcard Utility) and they all work as they should. SuperUser app is there and prompted me for each one. I haven't tried WiFi tether, but if its truly based off of the official leak (which I don't think it is... more in a bit), it would hang when you try to shut it off. I don't think this is based off of the official leak because when you double tap menu to unlock the screen, the menu pops up on the screen afterwards... an annoying thing (for me) that was fixed with the official release. Also, additional HTC Widgets don't show up in the Get More HTC Widgets screen, which is something that is allowed on released based off the official release.
Having said that, I haven't tried things like LauncherPro Beta, Turning SenseUI off nor JIT on in the DC Config. Maybe there is an issue there. Otherwise... I don't think its any different from 2.08.1

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
2.09.1 is out i downloaded and tried it yesterday. not bad. DO NOT use the updater tho. download it, wipe and the WAIT it sits at the HTC screen for a loooong time. much longer if you use the updater or dont wipe as youll be boot-loopin all day.

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
guess not i'm stuck on the sprint now screen. think i'll go back to 2.08.1. it just keeps boot loading from htc screen to sprint now screen. Did anybody else have any problems with this update?

Last edited:

canterrain

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
It bootlooped for me.

It took wiping everything and following some minorly complicated inductions posted be treve to get it working. Even then it was very buggy for me. More trouble than it was worth. All said and done I switched to honeybun and won't look back.

lokipimpin

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
i have run both an 2.08.1 is more stable in my opinion..its my everyday rom...if you want to try something try this

Mod edit -- Link removed. We can't allow links to ROMs with warez in them. The developer of Set CPU has asked that it not be packaged in any ROMs, and we respect his wishes! Feel free to link to the ROMs support thread :)

Thanks
Jerry

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463