2.2 on the Hero???

ItsDon

May 9, 2010
Visit site
The Hero can't even handle all of 2.1, that's why it's missing parts. Like live wallpapers. The Hero just doesn't have the hardware to run 2.1, let alone 2.2.

I'm running Froyo on my Hero and it rocks! One of the fastest, smoothest roms out there, don't discount the Hero. I'm just missing the camera preview (use my camera often) so it's not my daily driver, Honeybun is. Just waiting for Beezy's latest to come out. ;)

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm running CM6 as well right now, and it runs fine, but that doesn't change the fact that HTC/Sprint cut bits and pieces off of 2.1 to make it run better.

aquaboy1976

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I am really thinking about going to 2.2 on my Hero.
Where is the best place to keep an eye out as far as when there is a good working version? (I'm still new to the whole rooting and ROMS thing). Thanks!

Fazulka

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I am really thinking about going to 2.2 on my Hero.
Where is the best place to keep an eye out as far as when there is a good working version? (I'm still new to the whole rooting and ROMS thing). Thanks!

Darchstar from xda is using this to put out his builds (about 1 per week so far).

http://webirc.fossnet.info:9090/?channels=hero-cdma

It feels very similar to any other AOSP (Android Open Source Project) 2.1 build IMO, but is a bit faster. And keep in mind that the camera won't work correctly, and there is no video recording. It is cool to try but not great for daily use yet.

aquaboy1976

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Darchstar from xda is using this to put out his builds (about 1 per week so far).

http://webirc.fossnet.info:9090/?channels=hero-cdma

It feels very similar to any other AOSP (Android Open Source Project) 2.1 build IMO, but is a bit faster. And keep in mind that the camera won't work correctly, and there is no video recording. It is cool to try but not great for daily use yet.

I appreciate the information, thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781