1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Default How to revert back to stock 2.1 from Cyanogenmod 2.2?

Hey guys, I sold my HTC Hero on Ebay last night and am trying to get it back to stock 2.1 so that I can ship it out tomorrow to the buyer; problem is, I haven't been able to find the stock ROM anywhere except HTC's site (I have a Mac, so I can't use HTC Sync to install it). I was running CyanogenMOD's 2.2 ROM on it before and really could use some tips on how to get it back to stock 2.1 from Sprint. Thanks guys.

really your only options are to either find a way to run the RUU or download and flash a rooted albeit completely stock rom like the one found

I mean if they are going to root it they will more than likely check to see if it has a custom recovery and if they arent then they more than likely wont know how to check to begin with.

Well, I mean to intrude... how much did you get for the Hero? Sprint, right?

Default Re: How to revert back to stock 2.1 from Cyanogenmod 2.2?

Won't resetting to factory default first, then using/installing the 2.1 os download from HTC's site solve this?

ROM
    JB 4.1.1

If you havent figured it out yet, heres an option. Look here ==>> get this tool then download the update from HTC.com i havent tried this but he claims it works. If you cant get it then ill try it and send you the converted ROM.zip. just PM me.

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by mac79pr View Post
    Won't resetting to factory default first, then using/installing the 2.1 os download from HTC's site solve this?
    Yes. But he uses a Mac and the 2.1 RUU from HTC is for PC only. The only option to get this on a stock ROM is to flash a stock 2.1 and keep root or try the method Flipfone posted.

Default Re: How to revert back to stock 2.1 from Cyanogenmod 2.2?

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Yes. But he uses a Mac and the 2.1 RUU from HTC is for PC only. The only option to get this on a stock ROM is to flash a stock 2.1 and keep root or try the method Flipfone posted.
    Or he can just buy a pc, netbooks are cheap! :P lol.