Noob Questions

THETOUR

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone, new to the forum but long time reader. I can't seem to find questions to some very basic answers and I feel as though I need to clarify some of these questions before I move forward and root my Hero. What I want to accomplish in rooting my Hero is to fix some of the lag issues particularly with calling and MOST importantly to have A2SD ability to free up internal phone memory. I'm not expecting to become a constant ROM flasher, switching ROMS every other day. If I'm going to do this it must be a ROM that is very stable and has functionality of everything. Dose such a ROM exist?

I would love to run a 2.2 ROM but from the ones I've looked at on XDA they don't seem to be stable enough for the everyday use I want.

Looked at the 2.1 ROMS and I'm just not sure which would be the most stable, usable and also allow me to move A2SD.

Someone please point me towards a good ROM meeting the criteria of 1) Stable and 2) A2SD !

bb_batman_dcx

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
well CM6 is a very stable ROM and its froyo (forum correct me if im wrong!)

i dunno if it has A2SD cause 1. i dont remember it saying it did, 2. i dont use it anyway...tho i should

CM6 is AOSP so its stock android...if you want the Sense UI try Honeybun...not sure if Honeybun has A2SD either....god im not helping lmao

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Cyanogen 2.2 is good for daily use. There is another AOSP 2.2 by aosp on XDA that is just as stable from what I understand. Both have the move to sd option for apps. Since I havn't used it I can't expand much more on that feature.

Most 2.1's are pretty stable. I'd suggest giving a few a try then settle one daily ROM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech