Born Again Noob with Rom needs!!

danidiva

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so its been so long since i flashed a new Rom (iced honeybun yay Beezy!), i feel like i'm a born again NOOB. I have been perusing this site and have apparently lost all of my understanding of terminology and whatnot. And trying to go over to XDA?? Fuggedaboudit. It's Martian to me!

Anyways, i'd like to flash a rom based on the new .7 (running 2.27.651.6) mainly so my phone stops trying to update (i literally get that pop up every few days), but also because i want NEW.

I know there are a few threads out there with lots of info but trying to sort through all of it is making my head hurt. Can someone out there help a girl out??

PS - i've thought about just updating to the basic .7 version, but i'd have to un-root first right?
PPS - don't be afraid to use the terminology, i'll try to re-figure out the words i don't remember or i'll ask.
PPPS - please don't flame me if you don't like me starting a new thread for this. i'm seriously SERIOUSLY lost.

Reactions: wpavlik2

wpavlik2

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Which device are you rockin'?
I'm tempted to root my Evo4G. I did my Pre when I was using it, and it was way cool to be able to play with different kernels for the OS, etc.
I'd like to see this thread fill up with tips, because you aren't the only one with these questions.

Fazulka

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'd wait a couple days unless you want to do 2 updates. It looks like (from the main androidcentral.com post) there is another small update rolling out from sprint today. So, ROMs should be updated soon. If you want to do a .7 ROM today I recommended you try breezy's again, the thread is updated, or look on the XDA-developers.com Hero forum and try liquidsense. It is off the .7 update and has all bloatware removed.

danidiva

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Which device are you rockin'?
I'm tempted to root my Evo4G. I did my Pre when I was using it, and it was way cool to be able to play with different kernels for the OS, etc.
I'd like to see this thread fill up with tips, because you aren't the only one with these questions.

HTC Hero CDMA :)

I'd wait a couple days unless you want to do 2 updates. It looks like (from the main androidcentral.com post) there is another small update rolling out from sprint today. So, ROMs should be updated soon. If you want to do a .7 ROM today I recommended you try breezy's again, the thread is updated, or look on the XDA-developers.com Hero forum and try liquidsense. It is off the .7 update and has all bloatware removed.

Awesome, thanks for the tidbits! I think i'll wait then. Quick question - which is the latest Beezy one? I couldn't find a newer one in the OP and there are 56 pages lol.... :confused:

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
HTC Hero CDMA :)

Awesome, thanks for the tidbits! I think i'll wait then. Quick question - which is the latest Beezy one? I couldn't find a newer one in the OP and there are 56 pages lol.... :confused:

Beezy as with all Devs posts the latest in the opening post of the thread. So the 1st post is always being updated. I remember you from when you first rooted your phone and started posted, yes you've been away awhile its easy to forget. Ask away, Beezy still watches the thread closely.

danidiva

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Beezy as with all Devs posts the latest in the opening post of the thread. So the 1st post is always being updated. I remember you from when you first rooted your phone and started posted, yes you've been away awhile its easy to forget. Ask away, Beezy still watches the thread closely.

Yeah, i've gone onto his OP a few times in his thread, but it seemed like the last time he updated that post was before the latest update. No worries, i've been able to comb through and narrow down my options! :)

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, i've gone onto his OP a few times in his thread, but it seemed like the last time he updated that post was before the latest update. No worries, i've been able to comb through and narrow down my options! :)

Hey ling time no see.lol Glad to hear your back to flashing somethings. The last update to my rom would be OTA-Iced-beta. I haven't grabbed the new update and worked it in. If i were to suggest a good running and fully working 2.1 sense rom then go to my last post in my Icedhineybun thread and i have a link to nfinite's rom.He does some great work and i run his roms when not running my own. If you want on xda there's a 2.2 sense based rom for the hero also posted by nifinite.There was several great developers that joined forces and tried their best to get everyone a great froyo rom.It is stable and almost everything works on it except camera.

danidiva

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey ling time no see.lol Glad to hear your back to flashing somethings. The last update to my rom would be OTA-Iced-beta. I haven't grabbed the new update and worked it in. If i were to suggest a good running and fully working 2.1 sense rom then go to my last post in my Icedhineybun thread and i have a link to nfinite's rom.He does some great work and i run his roms when not running my own. If you want on xda there's a 2.2 sense based rom for the hero also posted by nifinite.There was several great developers that joined forces and tried their best to get everyone a great froyo rom.It is stable and almost everything works on it except camera.

LOL i know... i got comfy with the old version of IcedHoneyBun v36 and decided i wanted something new! :) I'll watch for your new ROM's :)

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site

danidiva

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12