[HERO ROM] Sneak Peek Working Donut on CDMA Hero

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Just a preview of what I'm up to currently :)

Android 1.6 AOSP, all working but bluetooth. Includes Google Nav, lot's of other goodies from Droid, Nexus and MotoBlur

4237186690_b95f7aec71_o.png

4236410417_ede1229a43_o.png

4237186648_5e934df908_o.png

cont,

Noj

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Nice work GB!!
I've teamed up with fresh now and have started to make themes for the hero (currently 1.5 still)

How did you get the power control widget working here? Is it only a 1.6 and up app?
I'd love to get that working on 1.5 :)

Last edited:

Semantics

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
I love your work Gbhil. I've noticed, without doubt, that your ROM's run the fastest, with the least issues. I'm really looking forward to this one!

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Very nice. Looks very clean. I like clean designs. :)

Phil.

Thanks. I will admit I miss not having Sense on the phone, but I like the way this looks and feels as well.

Nice work GB!!
I've teamed up with fresh now and have started to make themes for the hero (currently 1.5 still)

How did you get the power control widget working here? Is it only a 1.6 and up app?
I'd love to get that working on 1.5 :)

I'll be sure to put up the apk's of the widgets and ui elements for this then. I'm no artist and wouldn't even begin to skin a theme lol. It's would be easy to make a theme template for people like yourself that can make it look nice.

Yeah, that was a hint at how much I'd love for you or anyone to do that :D

Power control is built into the 1.6 code. I couldn't get 1.5 to build with it, and decided not to spend much time on it because of other bugs in 1.5 . I'm sure it could be done though...just not by me lol.

I love your work Gbhil. I've noticed, without doubt, that your ROM's run the fastest, with the least issues. I'm really looking forward to this one!

Thanks. If you like fast you'll love this one. Once I can verify that it has now show stopping bugs I'll post it up for everyone to play with.

Noj

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. I will admit I miss not having Sense on the phone, but I like the way this looks and feels as well.

I'll be sure to put up the apk's of the widgets and ui elements for this then. I'm no artist and wouldn't even begin to skin a theme lol. It's would be easy to make a theme template for people like yourself that can make it look nice.

Yeah, that was a hint at how much I'd love for you or anyone to do that :D

Power control is built into the 1.6 code. I couldn't get 1.5 to build with it, and decided not to spend much time on it because of other bugs in 1.5 . I'm sure it could be done though...just not by me lol.

With Fresh's 1.1 ROM (released New Years), we got the espresso htc sense graphics in and it look pretty smooth. I'm building custom clear lockscreens and about to start working on a green button highlight version of the espresso theme.

here's a screenshot of the new espresso theme along with a screen of one of my new locks.

HomescreenLocation-Center.png
DroidBanner-Lock.png

several people tried to port over the power control widget for me with no success. that's why I was wondering if it is only a 1.6 and up widget. before I had only seen it in 2.1

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Looks great man! I see you got the signing in Windows figured out. And loving that lockscreen. Now we all need you to remake the stock Android music widget in black ;)

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Those are the stock google applications for donut or eclair (depending on the app). I didn't change any of the icon artwork, they're just different from what comes on the Hero because they are a different version.

Noj

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Looks great man! I see you got the signing in Windows figured out. And loving that lockscreen. Now we all need you to remake the stock Android music widget in black ;)

haha, thanks!
actually, still haven't learned to sign stuff, lol
I'm using flipz's kitchen tool to add my tweaks. To promote his tool, all of my updates require that for now. He is working on a signing utility at the moment, so eventually we can sign with that too.

I'll look into the stock music app.
you want it black? which android version?
I'm running 1.5, but I have a dump for about everything

Noj

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site

what is the name of the apk that has the widget?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
haha, thanks!
actually, still haven't learned to sign stuff, lol
I'm using flipz's kitchen tool to add my tweaks. To promote his tool, all of my updates require that for now. He is working on a signing utility at the moment, so eventually we can sign with that too.

I'll look into the stock music app.
you want it black? which android version?
I'm running 1.5, but I have a dump for about everything

1.5 and 1.6 should use the same size resources. Pull them from the 1.5 should be fine. And thanks!

Do you plan on releasing this version soon?

I have to be sure it won't crash and burn. I'm running it for a bit then I will let everyone have at it. Maybe midweek.

what is the name of the apk that has the widget?

/system/app/music.apk

Thanks again lol

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Anyone willing to help development is good in my book regardless of post count ;)

Let me pull everything back from the phone and set up a current zip for flashing. I'll do that sometime today.

Thanks for the offer.

WhiteWidow

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Anyone willing to help development is good in my book regardless of post count ;)

Let me pull everything back from the phone and set up a current zip for flashing. I'll do that sometime today.

Thanks for the offer.

I can set up a ftp account for so you can send it to if you like. I cant pm yet so ill email the logins if you like.

hbkmat

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I would be happy to test for you you as well and report any issues I find. Thanks to someone posting a link to this forum in xda about your nexus boot screen I found this thread. This version has everything I have been looking for and since I don't use Bluetooth and have gotten comfortable without sense sounds like it is the best Rom yet. Seems like I won't even miss not having version 2.

Last edited: